Chapter 8.

Yeah! Even I don't know which is Mary Kate and which is Ashley. :p But this is how I picture Nicole and Skylar.

Jayden and Trent were surprised to find Brian already at his locker when they arrived to school. It was even more surprising that his head was buried in his phone and he was totally ignoring the brunette leaning against him. This never happened, and by looking at her frustrated expression, it was quite obvious that she was standing there for a while now.

Trent cleared his throat in order to get Brian's attention. His head snapped up. "Hey man." He greeted both of them. That is when he realized, a girl standing beside him. "Sorry babe. See you later?" he smiled sweetly. She huffed and stormed past them.

Just then the warning bell rang. Trent and Jayden started walking towards their classes but Jayden stopped when he didn't see Brian following. Turning around, he saw Brian still busy in his phone.

"Dude." He called out to his brother.

"Yeah?" Brian answered without looking up.

"Umm.. the bell rang?" He said it like a question.

"Oh!" He looked at his surroundings, suddenly realizing that most of the students had already gone to their classes.

"Meet you guys later." And then just left without a second glance.

"Weird." Trent muttered just as the final bell rang.

* * *

The twin sisters were already seated at their usual table, right at the corner of the cafeteria, waiting for the others to arrive. Yes, they were popular; no, they didn't like to be the centre of attraction. No one bothered them. The students and the staff were either ignorant or terrified of them. Except Elizabeth. Turning down Brian was one of the rarest thing, girls in their school ever did. And they respected her for that.

Soon enough the guys minus Jack joined the table. Light conversation flowed among them. While everyone was talking, Brian's attention was on someone behind Skylar.

He smirked.

"Sit with me, babe?" He pointed towards the empty seat beside him.

Beth glared at him. Her eyes cold and angry.

Ignoring the confused expressions on the rest of them, she turned her attention towards the girls.

"I am heading to the library. Need to complete some of my work." Before anyone could even utter a word, she left hurriedly.

"What was that? Did you do something stupid again?" Jayden asked his brother.

Brian, who looked pretty pleased with himself scoffed at him.

"I was just doing my work."

"That is...?" Nicole asked.

"Getting information. She left her calculus book in school on Friday and I went to her house to return it back yesterday but she wasn't home. So I cornered her today and asked her a bit forcefully to tell me where she was." He said sheepishly. "She shut me off as usual and told me to mind my own business." He rolled his eyes.

She didn't exactly forget her book, but no one else needs to know that. He laughed inwardly.

"Well, you really should."

Should what? 

Right, business.

"My business is to mind her. Technically I am minding my business." He pointed out.

Skylar merely shook her head.

"Is that what you were doing this morning?" Trent asked just as Brian's phone rang.

His eyes widened on seeing the caller ID. "Sorry, but I need to take this." He excused himself and left quickly leaving the others looking at his back questioningly.

Brian stepped out of the school building and leaned against the side wall. He looked around to check if anyone was lingering. Satisfied, he answered the call.

"Why are you texting me since morning? Are you out of your mind? What is it?" the voice asked impatiently.

"I need a favor."

Pause. Sigh.

"Just give me the name."

"Elizabeth Matthews." He paused. "It's a fake identity." He added as an after thought.

"Hmm.. Sounds challenging to me."

No reply.

"Consider it done. I'll send the report to Ja – "

"You report to me and not Jack Sanders." Brian snapped, his voice hardening.

"Got it." And the line went dead.

What is he hiding? Thought Jack after he heard Brian's last words on the phone call. He didn't catch the conversation exchanged before he reached the corner, but he was glad he had decided to wait there until Brian finished his call.