Chapter 9.

'The Mystery of Elizabeth Matthews' has finally been on 'What's Hot' list of Mystery/Thriller since Dec 1, which is an achievement in itself.

So here's the next update. I couldn't wait any longer. (We'll work on the votes and comments part later) :p

This is by far the longest chapter I've written. Hope you guys enjoy reading it.

The next few days passed by in a blur, juggling between studies and planning for Jack's birthday. Since the company was supposed to be handed over to him on that day, it was going to be a grand celebration for the town of Bridgewood. The four of them had been busy preparing the event with their parents along with Claire at the Summers Mansion. Daniel, being his usual self whined every now and then to let him go out and play, since he was bored to death. But poor Danny was ignored by everyone as they were pretty engrossed in their own assigned tasks. Since his birthday was 30th October, just two days away, all of them were rushing here and there with their phones and laptops to check up the end moment details, whether to add, subtract things or not, etc.

In the end, Trent gave in and volunteered to take Danny out in the park which apparently was his favourite place on earth. Danny let out a shout of excitement as soon as they reached the park and ran away to the swings. Trent chuckled and shook his head watching him from afar. After a while of watching over him, he was satisfied that Danny wouldn't go anywhere else except for slides and monkey bars. So he started strolling around casually in the park, occasionally texting on the phone.

Daniel was having fun playing with his friends, when he noticed someone coming towards the exit of the park. Since his back faced the exit, he could clearly see whoever was exiting. His mouth hung open in awe. The more he stared, the more beautiful he thought, she was. Especially her eyes. They were mesmerizing. As soon as she passed him, he followed.

Elizabeth had gotten in an argument with Peter yet again and decided to come to the park to get some fresh air. She was returning when she heard footsteps behind her just near the exit.

She groaned inwardly.

If whoever that was, wanted a fight, she'd give him one. Public place or not.

Without even thinking, her hand fisted and she turned around ready to punch the follower, but was met with blue eyes that sparkled with adoration, staring up at her, instead.

Her hand lowered and her eyebrows raised.

Who is this kid?

She despised kids. Her hatred towards them was not something she could control, not after everything that happened.

"What do you want, kid?" She asked in a cold voice and glared at him.

He didn't even flinch. This surprised her. The kid was still staring at her in a daze.

She stared back, observing him.

He couldn't get over the fact that she was so beautiful, and so he stared.

And stared

And then, stared some more.

Finally getting tired of his staring, she held his shoulders and shook him hard. This made him break out of his trance.

"You" He pointed at her "are so pretty." He whispered, momentarily forgetting how to speak in a normal tone.

Her eyebrows raised again.

"Look at your eyes. They are so violet." He continued. "Can I get your eyes, please?" He asked her sweetly.

"That's why you were following me?" she asked irritatingly.