Chapter 10.

In such a pleasant evening, while Daniel was meeting his first love, Jack was busy in a meeting with his most trusted man, Sam Parker, who knew everything about him. Even those secrets that he didn't want the world to know, but never hesitated in sharing with him. Jack never treated him like his assistant or the second-in-command. He always saw him as his equal.

His friends had noticed about his not-so-subtle meetings, hell, he was sure some of his employees had noticed it too but no one questioned him, for which he was thankful.

"Any progress?" He asked, what felt like the thousandth time in the past year.

Same office, same time every week, same question and same answer.

"No, Sir." See? Same as always.

Jack slumped in his chair, clutching the letter in his hand tightly. He had gone through this letter so many times - he could read it with his eyes closed, word to word - just to get something, anything that would give him a lead, but to no avail.

"Don't look at me like that Sam." He muttered tiredly.

Sam, who was looking at him with sympathy, quickly lowered his eyes. "Sorry, Sir."

Jack leaned back in his chair, eyes closed and sighed.

"I don't think we should continue our search until we have some clue. A mere name won't suffice Sir. We do not even have a last name. No photograph, no family background. Nothing. We can't possibly find his family with one word. We don't even know if they are still alive or –"

"Shut up, Sam. Just shut up. Not a word about them being dead. I don't believe it and I won't, not until I see it for myself." He gritted his teeth. His eyes blazed with anger. They always had this argument but Jack never gave up. He couldn't.

Sam bit his tongue and stayed quiet. They were silent for a while, both of them in their own thoughts. Eventually it was broken by Jack's ringing phone. He had calmed down enough to pick up the call.

It was Trent.

"Hello?"

"Sheknows." Trent said in a rushed voice.

"What?" Jack asked not comprehending what he said.

'Elizabeth. She knows." He said slowly this time.

Jack sat up straighter in his chair.

"How?"

"Um... she may have accidentally bumped into Daniel." He said nervously.

Jack groaned. "Just great."

"Have you found your Jack Sanders yet?"

"Soon."

The conversation between Em and the Peter guy flashed into his mind.

"How did she react?" He asked more than curious to know.

Trent sighed. "She sort of panicked. I don't understand why, though."

Same here, buddy. Same here.

* * *

The swaying of the trees and the rustling of the leaves contributed to the fact that it was a cool and windy night. The wind blowing across the town was an indication of winter gaining over fall. The moonlight shone brightly, illuminating the darkness that had descended, as well as the balcony Elizabeth was sitting in. It was her favorite place in the entire house. She hadn't moved from there since she returned from the park. Her tears had stopped for a while now. Her phone was vibrating constantly beside her, but she didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment.

Buzz... buzz...

She sighed, wanting to ignore the call just like she did, the past hundred times, but she knew, she had to pick up sooner or later or else the guards would be knocking down her door to check on her. She reluctantly answered her phone and almost immediately regretted it.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea, how worried sick we were? I almost sent half of my team after you. Don't do that ever again, princess. Do you understand?" Tyler shouted before she could make a single sound.

"You're grounded." She could hear Peter shouting in the background.

"I am sorry. I just wanted to be left alone for a while." She tried to speak normally but her voice was too hoarse from crying.

"Are you having...?" Tyler asked hesitantly not knowing if it would add up to the damage or not while Peter started preparing to rush to her house.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"I am not having a mental break-down, if that's what you are worrying about."

She heard two simultaneous sighs of relief and smiled softly.

"Well, who do I have to punch then?" Peter asked happily.

"I just... It's just that Jack... and I don't know what to do." She tried gathering her thoughts but the words just came out broken. Not that she needed to give anymore explanation.

They were silent for a while.

"You finally found out!" Tyler breathed.

"Why didn't you tell me? When I described Westin to you, you should have told me. He has same damn blue eyes. I have that photo etched into my memory since forever and I still couldn't connect the dots." She said, feeling disappointed with herself.

"Hey, it's okay. It doesn't matter anymore." He said softly. "And to answer your question, I had my doubts, but I wasn't sure. I mean you got away with murder in his presence, just like that. No questions asked. This didn't seem like a Jack Sanders move to me."

"That's what worries me, Tyler. In his eyes I am a killer of his employee. An enemy. I need to get on his good side and I can't figure out how. If I would have known that he was Jack that night, I probably would have started tending to Ryan's wounds and made up a story or something."

Peter chuckled. "Oh princess! What am I here for? I've already thought it through. Amazing, I know." She heard a thump and an ouch and chuckled under her breath. "Stay away from me you dork." Peter shouted and finally turned his attention towards the phone. "Now listen carefully. Jack's birthday is coming up and I have just the perfect gift for you to give him as an early present. First step to getting on his good side." She could practically see him grinning wickedly.

"Emily." Tyler started in a serious tone. "It's time for the next part of the plan."

Emily breathed deeply. "You're right." She said in a determined voice. "It's time to move on."

Now, ladies and gentlemen, you know her name. ;)

-DS