Chapter 3.

The entire group was silent, watching their interaction with shocked faces. No one and absolutely no one had enough courage to talk to Jack like that. Sure they were family but they still had their limits. And Jack wasn't even saying anything back. He just kept glaring at her while Elizabeth's eyes shone with amusement.

Skylar was the first to recover and tried to break the silence that had fallen upon them.

"So Beth, this is the Westin I was talking about."

"I figured." Said Elizabeth. "You were right. He is too cold for my liking."

Everyone's jaw dropped. Even Jack was surprised for a moment. And Elizabeth? Well, she looked like she wanted to burst out laughing.

Jack knew that if this continued any longer, there would be thousands of questions that he would have to answer later. Hell, all of their faces had a huge question mark right now. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Keeping his expression blank and calm, he decided it was time to divert the conversation.

"So Natalie here tells me" he nodded towards Skylar "that you put Brad in his place." With that Brian scowled and the rest of them started laughing.

"Oh my God! You should have seen his face, Westin" said Nicole "He looked so confident that he would get the new girl to date him within seconds, that he decided to just ask her out right in the middle of the cafeteria. Beth, here was like, "Sure, I would love to" and once Brad started looking smug, she continued, "Only if you share your prize with me." With that his smirk fell and he actually looked confused for a second." She laughed. "It turns out that when the guys were making bets in one of their classes, she was sitting right behind them, and they didn't even know it." At the end of her talk she was laughing so hard that she had tears in her eyes.

Jack couldn't not grin after hearing this.

"Oh! Come on, it was one time thing" Brian whined. Yup! You read it right. A nineteen year old actually whined.

Jack chuckled. "Good job!" he praised Elizabeth, surprising both of them. She just nodded in reply, a small smile forming on her face.

Maybe Elizabeth Matthews wasn't that bad after all.