Chapter 2.

Waking up early next morning didn't seem difficult at all. Not that Jack had gotten any sleep. It took two hours to clean up the mess and give Ryan's body a proper burial. So many thoughts were running in his head. He needed a run, and that's what he was gonna do. He dressed in his running attire and left his penthouse. Being a Sanders had its perks. His family mansion was just three blocks away. But since Jack was 22, turning 23 in a few days, he had decided to move out two years ago much to Claire's disappointment.

He went on upon his daily route without any interruptions until he heard someone shouting his name from behind. Even before he fully turned around, a body came launching at him. "You're back." She shouted in his ears. He chuckled knowing exactly who had so much courage around him and hugged her back tightly.

Skylar Summers, the second youngest among them. Them, being the children of the four families. Jack was the eldest at 22, his younger brother Daniel Sanders being 10. Yup! A huge difference. Then came the Kingston's kids. Brian Kingston, 19 and Jayden Kingston, 17, turning 18 next month. Trent Blair, 18, was the Blair's only son. And last but not the least Skylar Summers, being 16, to be 17 with her twin sister Nicole Summers older by 3 minutes. Though they were twins, they were nothing alike, except for maybe looks. They were like the younger sisters he never had.

"Are you still with me?" Skylar's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry what?" He cursed inwardly.

She chuckled, a wide grin forming on her face. "Who are you and what have you done to my Jack? You never space out on any of us. Is it because of your missions or something?"

Mission? Finding out who "green eyes" was seems like a mission, alright.

"Just tired. What were you saying again?"

"That everyone's waiting for us near the park so we need to hurry."

"Sure. Let's go."

The park was just a five minutes' walk. He could finally ask her something he was dying to know since last night. Keeping his voice flat and less curious he asked, "So anything new happening around here? Like someone moving to Bridgewood, et cetera?"

"You are spot on big brother. Someone did move here - " Bingo " - and you won't believe what she did - " Like he still can't believe that she killed Ryan, who was working under him?! " - she actually called Brian out and said that he needs to grow up and stop making stupid bets. She out rightly rejected him right in front of the entire school." She laughed out loud.

Huh? This might be the only thing he might agree with the "murderer".

Brian was the town's player. Always making bets about girls with Trent and Jayden and of course winning them. Given his looks and status he didn't have any problem getting any girl he wanted.

Green eyes must be blind or something.

"And here we are, Westin." She warned.

Of course, fake names and all.

Every one of them had their own fake names. It was for their safety. The town knew about it. They only used these names in front of new people until they were in the clear.

Nicole squealed as soon as she saw Jack and ran over to him to get her bear hug. He chuckled again hugging her back and greeted the others. Soon they were talking about his missions when they heard Skylar call out to someone. Jack stopped short and looked up at her.

Holy shit! This can't be her. Who was she and who is the girl standing in front of him?!

She had blonde hair that went past her shoulders and a very rare eye colour. Violet. She had violet eyes and pale skin. She stuck her hand out for Jack to shake and introduced herself.

"Elizabeth Matthews."

FAKE! It was written all over her face. Though, he would never forget her voice. It's definitely her. What happened to green eyes and long dark hair? Was she wearing a wig yesterday? But why? Why change her appearance? Why move here at all? Why kill Ryan? Did she know who Ryan was? Did he know her? So many questions!

A throat cleared somewhere beside him to snap him out of his thoughts, again. And he realized that he had been staring for too long. He shook her hand with a firm grip and introduced himself too.

"Westin Black." He said in a cold hard voice that was reserved for everyone except family.

She smirked.

Of course! She knows I won't tell her my real name. Not after what I saw yesterday. She might even know who I am. Bitch.

"You look disappointed." She tilted her head, her violet eyes boring into his. She leaned in a bit "Were you expecting someone else?"

His jaw clenched. Her smirk widened.

Damn this girl and her smirking!