A Promise

Shigeru P.O.V

"Agggghhhh!!!...Oomf" he slams to the ground with a loud thud "ugh...my head hurts...that stupid hag, she said I had nothing to worry about, tsk..." he says forcing himself up, holding his forehead as it throbbed in hinderance from the fall.

He looks up where he fell from and watches as the large portal closed, once it was closed he looked around at his surroundings he was in a forest, the hag said before she started the spell the last time she saw the guardian was when he was in the Mizuki forest and if he remembers correctly the map that the tengu gave him confirmed that the forest was somewhere near the temple...Finally, he shakes off the pain in his head, and changed into his fox form and began sniffing around hoping to find the scent he was looking for, it isn't a sent that he is used to but it was the only sent that would lead him to Chihiro and Kohaku...

After a while of sniffing around, he finally found it-it smelt like rich cologne and he sensed great power from it, that must be it... the guardian...He began to run through the forest following the rich trail left behind...

"Chihiro...Kohaku...I'm coming..." he says to himself as the trees and bushes become a blur around him, he just hopes he isn't too late...

Chihiro P.O.V

Her lungs were burning every breath she took felt like it was her last as if she was going to pass out...the stairs were neverending...no matter how hard she or fast she tried to climb it felt like she was going nowhere... she needed water but she didn't have any...She looks up, she was almost there, just a little bit further...she groans as she forced her legs to work...damn it she wished she jogs or worked out more...there was a reason why she always skipped Gym class...that and she was just lazy.

Finally, after a few more minutes she reaches the top however she was exhausted, there was something strange about those stairs, the building was only two stories but it seemed to have gone on forever, this must have been what Jack felt like after climbing the beanstalk...Suddenly a voice spoke up that made her blood run cold...

'No....no it couldn't be....it cant be...but he's....' she looks up and her gaze locks into the slanted amused eyes of a certain familiar guardian from downstairs..." No...No! you cant be! Your downstairs fighting Haku!" she cries out as dread runs through her body.

The guardian laughed "Oh human, did you really think I would be that easy! He was a fool to think he could outsmart me, and so are you...I have you know I've been up here the whole time, your precious dragon had been fighting a fake created by yours truly the time" he smiles smugly and gives her a wink "Oh come now, if it makes you feel any better I'm not taking you back to the human world anymore, you being mated and tied to this place changes things drastically my dear" he says as he walks up to her and strokes her cheek which she smacks away with her had.

"Don't touch me!" she growls she then turns around to run back down the stairs but she merely slams into a barrier falling on her behind "No...no..." she whispers tears strolling down her face before shouting out in desperate pleas "Haku!! Haku!! He's up here!! Can you hear me!!! Please! Help me!!" she shouts...but there was no response...all was quiet...too quiet.

Suddenly, she realised just how quiet it is...the bond was void...which meant Haku was unconscious he had lost...he tried so hard...she promised him she wouldn't fail...that his efforts wouldn't be for nothing...yet... she began to sob. That was the last straw, her hopes were crushed into itty-bitty pieces all because of him...at that thought, she turns to glower at the guardian through her tears. All she wanted was a better life, to live her life where she truly belonged, here in the spirit world by Haku's side forever...why? why was that so bad? she just can't understand...