Inspection

Inspector Shinkai P.O.V

'I wonder if I'll be able to have a quick soak before I leave the bathhouse behind the other guardian's backs, and have the pretty maiden scrub me...agh! who am I kidding, of course, I wouldn't be able too...' he thinks to himself as he makes his way towards the ferry that took most of the bathhouses customers.

Finally, he reaches the start of the line to board the ferry, he has been waiting in line for around an hour now, this bathhouse must be pretty good if it's this popular, it's a shame that it's got itself caught in this mess. He shows the ticket foreman on the ferry his badge, his badge is his free ride with most transportation here in the spirit world, he could of teleported there but teleporting takes up way to much magic and spiritual energy, and besides might be fun going on the ferry, might even have some hot spirit women on board.

"Guardian number 4, Inspector Shinkai Hatsuhara" he states to the spirit, seeing his badge the spirit bows to him and immediately lets him through. Shinkai steps onto the ferry and walks up to the VIP room his boss the head Guardian had booked for him. It was a decent looking place he had a nice view of the river and of the big bathhouse on the other side of it, it was quite luxurious, the only thing that was missing was some pretty woman.

Settling into a chair he sighs, 'Damn it, why did it have to be me they chose for this case, its probably just some immature spirits prank, a human hasn't come to the spirit world in centuries, us guardians keep a pretty damn good watch over it considering there is only 6 of us' he thinks to himself as he takes a sip of sake that was on the table in front of him.

He had been working nonstop due to being punished because his boss thought he was slacking off on his part of the barrier between worlds, also known as the rift. He was also blamed for the possibility of letting through this human because of his lack of effort recently, hence why he was the one chosen for this case.

'Geeze that old geezer, it's not a crime to have a little fun every now and then tsk...It's not my fault women come to me like a flock of pigeons he's just jealous because he doesn't have my charming good looks and wouldn't know fun even if it slammed him in the face' he thinks to himself defiantly as he looks at himself in the mirror that leaned against the wall.

His long silver hair had his long fringe in a bun on top of his head, he has been too lazy to cut it lately and females often told him he had unique mysterious eyes. He was wearing his usual guardian uniform which had his ranking number printed on it, along with his magic and protective charms to ward off evil spirits except unlike the rest of them he likes to have it a little loose so his well-toned chest could be teasingly exposed for the ladies.

Sighing again he gets up off the chair and swings his elemental staff over his shoulder, thinking that he should get to work and ask around to all the customer's on the ferry if they have ever witnessed a human being at the bathhouse and if they lie he will know it due to his pendant which will heat up in his chest if they did, though he dare believes that they won't since they know it be impossible to.

~10 minutes later~

So far he had spoken to nearly half of the customers and so far only two or three have outright fessed up saying they saw a human girl tending to customers in the baths, and they said they were quite fond of her. When he asked them why they didn't report it they just simply said it was because they liked her and didn't want her to get hurt, in other words, they broke the law for her...this must be quite a human if she had this kind of effect on spirits, there were a lot of others that lied to him too... dare say to protect the girl...