30. how it ended

"Oh, well, we're not... dating exactly." Yoongi stumbled. "Then what are you two, because we need to clear this out." Sejin said.
"Nothing! Just, just together in an idol group, that's all!" Yoongi's words stung in Hoseok's heart.
"Is that true, Hoseok?" The manager asked while looked at the dancer.
Hoseok nodded, "Yea, we're just friends." All the boys noticed Hoseok's pain but didn't say anything. "I was done eating anyway, I'm going to sleep."
After manager Sejin was gone and Hoseok went to his own room, it became too quiet.

"Did you have to do that?" Namjoon finally said, directly looking at Yoongi. "He'll understand," the older murmured, "we'll make up, we always do." Namjoon just shook his head, "Be careful with Hoseok, because there is going to be a day when this bullshit will be too much for him." Then he stood up, "If you'd all leave the room please, I'm going to sleep as well."

The next day Hoseok didn't talk to Yoongi at all, not even a glance was given. Even as they were practising, Hoseok only looked at himself in the mirror, but he could feel Yoongi's eyes pricking on his back.

"Hoseok, I think we need to talk." Yoongi said when the day was almost over. "Yes," Hoseok said firmly, "I think that too."
"I know what I said yesterday," Yoongi started, "and I know that it wasn't very kind towards you. But I need you to understand why I said it."
Hoseok rolled his eyes, "Yoongi, stop right there. I know why you did it, but you've hurt my feelings, and this is not the first time. And honestly, whatever is going on between the two of us, I think it should end. I can't do this anymore." Yoongi's eyes started to well up with tears, "But... Hoseok... I-"
"I can't do it anymore Yoongi, I don't even want to talk to you anymore. You know what? I think I'm going to quit. Yes, yes I am." Hoseok sounded angry, which he was. The younger needed to let him know that he had gotten tired of this whole situation.
Yoongi's teary eyes spread wide open, "Q-quit?" The older almost didn't dare to ask him, "But I thought you wanted to become a dancer, I thought it was your dream? You can't give up now! Hoseok, don't do this because of me!" "It's a little late for that now! I'm going to tell bang pd tomorrow and then I'll pack my stuff and tell the boys. This does not mean I'm giving up my dream though, I can always audition somewhere else." As Hoseok said those words, it started to scare him. What if I can't find a place somewhere else? What if nobody wants me? What if the same problem keeps appearing? Oh god, I can't do this.
But Hoseok always kept his promises, and that night he promised to leave.
"Goodbye Yoongi, I'll see you tomorrow. And then I'll be gone."

It was a cold thursday afternoon when Hoseok left. "Got all my stuff, I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again." That was a lie, but Hoseok had to convince himself that he was going to leave, he couldn't chicken out now.
"Ah Hyung~ do you really have to go?" Taehyung said whiny, but Hoseok noticed that a wave of sadness had hit the younger. "Yes, Tae, I'm sorry. I'm going to miss you though, make sure to hit me up when you have some time off." Hoseok said and hugged Taehyung tightly. "I-I'm going to miss you too!" The younger was softly sniffling into Hoseok's shoulder.

When Hoseok had brought all his stuff to the main entrance, he met up with bangtan for the last time.
They chanted for the last time together, and Hoseok made sure not to touch hands with Yoongi.
When final goodbyes were said, Hoseok picked up his bag. But suddenly Jungkook burst out in unstoppable tears, "HYUNG, PLEASE DON'T GOoOOooOo!" The maknae sobbed while clinging onto Hoseok. "Sorry, Jungkookie," Hoseok said while caressing Jungkook's black hair, "but I have to. Don't worry, everything will be okay. You can always message me if you need something." Jungkook nodded. "Oh, and make sure not to grow a lot taller than me." Hoseok chuckled.
"If I stay small, will hyung stay?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do that. Don't worry, we'll meet again."

Hoseok waved to the members, and all the members waved back, even Yoongi.

That was the beginning of the disbanding of bangtan. Not long after Hoseok had left, Yoongi had lost his comfort and motivation and had left too. Most fans stopped stanning after that as well.
When Namjoon was the only rapper, he thought it would be better if bts became an all vocal group and left a few months after Yoongi, the group had lost their precious leader.
After that it became a mess, Seokjin couldn't keep up with dancing, Jimin stopped practising his vocals and Taehyung and Jungkook were constantly picking fights with each other.
Everything fell apart, and it was all over the internet...