6. meeting the boys

At eight o'clock in the morning sharp, Hoseok was inside the Big Hit building. He had decided that he was going to do it, he was going to become a trainee aka soon to be idol.
He had a very busy and tight schedule. And since he wasn't able to go to school anymore, he had to take online classes.

"Alright, we already know you're good at dancing, what else can you do?" Said Lee Jisoo, Hoseok's new vocal trainer.
"I guess I can rap, a little." Hoseok said, really doubting himself.
"Ah, that's where you went wrong already!" Hoseok looked down by hearing those words. "Look at me," Jisoo said in a calming voice, and Hoseok did as told, "you should never doubt yourself, because in the beginning you won't have fans. There won't be people to tell you how amazing you are, and you'll need to trust in yourself and know that you will get there. Never doubt yourself, because if you won't believe in yourself, then who will?" Hoseok sat in awe, because that was really kind of beautiful. "Alright, let's get back to work." Jisoo said with a smile.

And so they did, Hoseok worked harder than ever before and slightly improved his rapping on the first day already.

Tomorrow he had another whole day of just practising, and the day after that he finally got to meet the other members of BTS.

When he got home at half past nine he flopped himself on his bed, "they said they let me go early today..." He whispered to himself, being very tired of his long day. "But finally I'll be able to get some sleep." But it was only when he got into his pyjamas that he realised that he had a homework assignment for his online school. "well shit."
And so he got up and worked on the assignment until 23:54.

*two days later*

Hoseok was still tired from two days of practising so hard, but he finally got to meet the other members of BTS and that was worth getting out of bed for. When he was brushing his teeth he realised how excited he was, yet really scared.
They all already knew each other pretty well, but Hoseok was new. He was really scared of not fitting in. Fortunately he already had met Min Yoongi before, so his only hope relied on him. Hopefully the other five members would like him too.

Just before he left he checked his outfit, denim ripped skinny jeans and a white shirt. He decided that he looked okay and started walking towards the company. Once he arrived the other boys were already waiting for him.

"Ah you must be Hoseok, nice to meet you. I'm Namjoon." He said with a smile.

"Don't freak out on me," Hoseok started, "but yea, I know. Your stage name is Rap Monster right?" Namjoon laughed at the same age friend, but not in a mocking way. "well, since you know who we are, please introduce yourself."

And so he did, "I'm Jung Hoseok, 19 years old... I, ehm, I dance and rap."

"Another hyung, damn it. I'll stay the maknae forever, won't I?" Jungkook, the youngest one, said. Everybody laughed and Jungkook pouted.
"Assuming that the choreography needs to be written again, when are we all practising together?" The shortest one, Jimin, said. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" the oldest and Namjoon shouted in despair at the same time, which made Hoseok slightly jump.
"I think I'm about to cry." Seokjin said and laid his head on Namjoon's shoulder, "I seriously JUST learned it!" Namjoon sighed, "I feel you bro."
"Did you just bro-zone me?"
"Yes I did, we're not just bandmates, we're friends."
"Bruh."

Hoseok just stared at them with a blank expression. "You alright?" Taehyung asked while waving his hands in front of Hoseok's eyes.
"Huh? Yea, I'm fine, I just zoned out for a bit" he replied.
"You know, we're friends too now!" The younger happily said and hugged him.
The hug surprised him and he guessed the other members could see it because Namjoon said, "Don't mind him, he's like the dumb blonde of the group." Meanwhile Yoongi just stared at the ground as if deep in thought.
At least Hoseok was happy that someone considered him as a friend already. He awkwardly patted Taehyungs hair and the younger smiled at him. "I told you that I could befriend him on the first day." Taehyung said and his boxy smile appeared. He looked so innocent that Hoseok didn't know what to do or say.
"We should give you a tour through the building, where you'll be sleeping, practising etcetera etcetera." Jimin said.
Hoseok's eyes widened, "wait... I'll be sleeping here?"