7. new roommates

"Didn't they tell you that? As a trainee you'll be sleeping in dorms, you'll probably end up in a room with Yoongi and Namjoon as they're rappers as well" Jimin continued.
"B-but I don't even live THAT far..." Hoseok stammered.
"Neither did I," Namjoon said, "but you'll need to leave your family, it won't be easy but you'll get used to it." He said as if it was nothing, but he could see the pain in Namjoon's eyes.

"Anyway," Seokjin interrupted, "we're going to show you around, okay?" And Hoseok nodded.

*time skip*

After an hour and a lot of dad jokes from Seokjin, Hoseok had seen everything.
At first Jimin and Taehyung wouldn't let him see their room as it was rumoured to be very messy. But after Jungkook shoved them out of the way he let Hoseok in, and it was, indeed, very messy. Hoseok just wanted to stay in that room and clean everything, but he wouldn't have known where to start. To his surprise, Namjoon and Yoongi's room was very clean. "Did you clean this before he showed up or what?" Seokjin had asked.

Now they were all laughing and Hoseok had almost forgotten about leaving his family, almost.
When the thought went through his head again a wave of sadness hit him. "I have so much respect for you guys." Hoseok said. And the others looked at him with a sad expression, because they knew.
"It will get better, maybe you should hang out with your family rather than with us right now." Namjoon considered.
"It's okay though, I don't think my parents would even approve of me being here. So it's better being here, doing something I love with cool people, than being home, not being spoken to." Was Hoseok's reply.
Yoongi, who hadn't said anything the past hour, now spoke up, "If you guys will excuse me for a moment." And then he walked away. Hoseok frowned and Taehyung shook his head, "He's always been like that, really closed, doesn't smile. Creeps me out, he doesn't talk to us much and we don't talk to him much either. Except for Joon, he keeps trying."
Namjoon looked slighty offended, "I think it's important to treat people equally, that's all!" It was all very confusing to Hoseok, the day he had met Yoongi he seemed so open and happy, and now he was acting like this. When he auditioned, Yoongi seemed to smile too, but now he looked rather pissed off. Hoseok felt sorry for the guy. He hoped that whatever was bothering Yoongi soon passed and that he could see him smile again.

"Anyway," Jimin said, interrupting Hoseok's thoughts, "there is another thing you need to know, dating in Big Hit is not allowed." Hoseok frowned, again, "No offense, but why would I want to date any of you?" He asked.
The other members laughed and Jimin replied with, "No, I mean you can't date anyone. Like many other companies, Big Hit doesn't allow us to date. It's for safety rules and stuff. You choose bts or a girlfriend, but you can't choose both."
Hoseok grinned to himself and his misunderstanding, "Ah yeah, I understand."

Later when the members went to their room and Hoseok was wandering by himself, Namjoon came up to him.
"Hey I need to speak to you privately, would now be a good time?" The new friend asked, and Hoseok nodded.
"Don't focus on what the other members say about Yoongi, okay? Just because he doesn't talk and smile does not mean he is emotionless. I can't tell you much because I promised not to, but he's going through a hard time, and I think he could use some company besides me." Hoseok stopped walking, "How do you know that?"
Namjoon sighed, "He only tells me stuff, because he knows we've been through similar things, that's why I'm the only one who still talks to him. But please, don't shut him out before you get to know him." Hoseok nodded, he wanted to understand Yoongi.

A few hours later Hoseok had talked to Bang PD and he had explained everything to him about 'the idol life' and what was waiting for him. "You chose this life, and this is what we expect from you." he had said. Hoseok had agreed to everything.

"Alright, I hope all of you cleaned your room," their manager said once they had all gathered. And Tae and Jimin shot each other a glance, "because the shared rooms are going to be different."
"Are we getting our own rooms?" Taehyung tried.
"No."
"Oh."
"You'll be switching roommates, I've decided to do it a little different because we have a new trainee in the group." And as their manager said that, Hoseok saw that Namjoon shot Yoongi a glance of concern, but Yoongi didn't look back.