28. the odds aren't really in my favour

"Welcome to Seungri flower sho- oh hey Yoongi, right?" A bright voice said. Behind the counter was a girl with long, straight, black hair. "You remember me right?" The girl said, and Yoongi did indeed. He nodded, "You're Hoseok's sister." But because he didn't catch her name the last time, he looked at her name tag. 정 다 원 (Jung Dawon). She smiled at Yoongi, and he forced a smile back. "Anyway, how can I help you?" She broke the awkward silence. Yoongi snapped back into reality, "Oh, yeah, um... I fucked something up. I think I'll have your prettiest flowers."
Dawon shook her head, "That's not how it works Yoongi, are they apology flowers?" Yoongi Nodded. "For a friend or family?" He thought for moment, "Lover."
Dawon raised her eyebrows, "Ohhh, lover now you say?" Yoongi nodded again.
"Alright, let me look in the back for you. I'll be right back." Dawon said. And just before she walked through the door into the back room, Yoongi could hear her whisper, "Lover? Lover? I thought they weren't allowed to date?"

When Dawon came back, she held a bouquet with purple hyacinths and a few white yarrows. "The purple hyacinths indicate sorrow and regret, while yarrow means ever lasting love. I hope this will help for you."
"I really appreciate it, thank you, how much will it cost?" Yoongi asked while grabbing his wallet. "20000 won, please"
"I didn't know flowers were so expensive, I could basically pluck these in anyone's garden."
Dawon giggled, "well, if you don't want them, I'll just..." she already started to put the flowers away, knowing that Yoongi wouldn't leave without them. "NO! I mean, I didn't say that I wasn't going to buy them. I just said they were expensi- oh whatever just give me the flowers."

"Oh, Yoongi?" Dawon said before she let him walk out of the door. The male turned around. "Say hi to Hoseok from me." She smiled again and Yoongi turned away. "Will do." He said before he closed the door. "Yeah, will do." He said when he was outside.

On the way back it started raining, well, more like pouring. Yoongi tried to protect the flowers from the harsh rain.
At least he was almost back. But life wasn't very humble to Yoongi at the moment, and the wind started blowing the flowers apart. "Shit. Fuck. No, please not now." But by the time he reached Big Hit Entertainment, most of the flowers were torn apart. Yoongi stopped and looked at the sky, "SERIOUSLY? RIGHT NOW? YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, DON'T YOU HOW MUCH I-" He shouted to no one in particular. God, maybe. "DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS, I KNOW I HAVEN'T BEEN TOO KIND BUT ISN'T THIS TOO MUCH?" As his ranting went on, someone walked outside. It was still pouring and Yoongi was so caught up in cursing at the sky that he didn't notice the person walking up to him. "AND YOU FUCKING, GOD DAMN SON OF A-" a voice interrupted his cursing, "Yoongi what are you doing?" It was Hoseok. "Hoseok..."
"Yes, Yoongi, come inside, you're going to catch a cold." Hoseok said and dragged Yoongi inside. "Why were you screaming?" The younger asked. "Because I'm angry, I bought these really expensive and pretty flowers for you to make up. But look at what the rain and wind did to them." Yoongi explained and showed what was left of the flowers. "Well, I can see some purple and white, but I have no idea what flowers they were." Hoseok giggled. "Purple hyacinth and a ya- ya- ya-something." The older sighed, "Sorry that there's not much left." Hoseok look up at Yoongi (more like, looked down lol), "White yarrows?" He asked. Yoongi nodded, "Oh, yea, how did you know?" But Hoseok couldn't answer because Yoongi already started talking again. "Before I forget it," Yoongi said, "Dawon said hi." Hoseok showed a surprised expression, "You got them from my sister?" Yoongi nodded. "I'd give you white tulips if I had money. Gosh, Yoongi. Although there is nothing left of it, this was such a sweet gesture." Hoseok looked back at the torn flowers. "Hoseok, you're pretending like I know what white tulips mean. Not everyone has a sister that works in a flower shop." Yoongi chuckled. "They mean forgiveness, I forgive you." Hoseok grabbed whatever was left of the flowers and dropped them into the bin, "No need to hold onto these any longer, don't ya think." Yoongi just watched the younger throw them away, "I paid for those ya know." Hoseok rolled his eyes, "I'll just hold onto this then." He said and cupped Yoongi's cheeks, which immediately flushed pink. "Thank you for loving me, Yoongi." Hoseok said and kissed Yoongi's forehead. "Thank you for letting me love you."
"Always."