19. skinship

Yoongi started crying, visibly crying. Actually, it was more like sobbing. All kind of apologies came rolling out of Yoongi's mouth, "I'm so sorry! I'm such a horrible person! I should've told you! But I was so scared Hoseok." Now Hoseok felt bad, great this isn't what I was going for. He attempted to put Yoongi at ease, but the first few times he tried comforting Yoongi it didn't work. It was just trial and error. Finally Hoseok opened the blankets and slid himself into the bed next to Yoongi. Hoseok let his tall fingers trail over Yoongi's wet cheeks. "Yoongi, I'm so sorry. I've bottled up quite a lot of stress, and I'm sorry it came out this way. I should've put it another way." And again, here he was being showed another Yoongi. But this version was only being showed to Hoseok, never to someone else.

Hoseok let his hands stroke Yoongi's arms, he was surprised to find out that Yoongi flinched when his hand had reached Yoongi's underarm. Hoseok frowned and tried pulling up Yoongi's sleeve up, but Yoongi held it back. "Yoongi, it's okay." And as Hoseok said that, Yoongi slowly let go of his sleeve, not being too sure about the situation. Hoseok rolled up Yoongi's sleeve and trailed his thumb over the older's underarm. It was too dark to see but Hoseok could feel scars, they felt new, unlike Yoongi's old, fainted scars. "Oh, Yoongi... why?" Hoseok asked, but he didn't expect an answer. Yoongi burried his head into Hoseok's shoulder, "I'm so sorry." Yoongi bawled out. "Don't apologise to me, apologise to yourself. Your skin is so beautiful, pale and sweet like sugar, please don't hurt yourself." Hoseok let his fingers trace Yoongi's cold skin a few more times again. "But I-I've got all reasons to." Yoongi said between his sobs. Hoseok was quiet for a moment, but then responded with, "Okay, do you have your eyes closed?" Yoongi hummed in respons, "Okay good, now, I want you to imagine being in an art gallery, got that?" Yoongi nodded against Hoseok's chest and Hoseok stroked the older's hair. "Okay so, there is this really beautiful painting, a lot of people are standing around it, admiring it. Some even say 'I wish I could paint something this beautiful' and when you check what it's worth, it's really expensive. Suddenly someone runs at the painting with a knive and cuts all through the painting. Everybody is extremely shocked, 'Why would someone ruin such a beautiful paining?' But when the artist comes out and has a little chat with the audience about the freshly cut painting he says, 'It's not the paint that I'm worried about, I've got lots of that. It's the canvas that was expensive, it was one of the smoothest canvases I've ever painted on. It was expensive, because it's unique, there aren't any exactly like this one.' And I hope you realise you and your skin are also like that, unique and irreplacable. Some people might even really admire it. Your skin is like a canvas; it's something you should paint, not cut." Yoongi was silent after Hoseok had spoken, the younger assumed he had fallen asleep. But Yoongi had heard it all, it had made him speecheless. "Hoseok, thank you, I can't even explain how much that means to me." Yoongi wrapped his arms even tighter around Hoseok and they both smiled, that's how they fell asleep.

When Hoseok woke up in the morning he found Yoongi already looking at him. "Good morning to you too." Hoseok laughed. Yoongi blushed slightly at that. Hoseok tilted Yoongi's head up a little so that he could look into his eyes. "Do people ever tell you that your eyes are the most beautiful shade of brown? Because they are." Hoseok stated. Yoongi wanted to turn his head down in embarrassment, but the younger held up his chin. "Don't turn away." Hoseok whispered before he kissed Yoongi. The kiss was short, but soft and sweet like Hoseok intended to. "W-what was that?" Yoongi stuttered.
"Geez Yoon, they call it affection." Hoseok responded laughing.
"Disgusting..." Yoongi said and made a disgusted face as a joke, but then he said, "Do it again, I like it." And Hoseok's lips soon landed on the sugar sweet lips of the older boy. This time the kiss was a little longer and a little more passionate, their lips slowly moving. Just before Yoongi could open his mouth to let Hoseok's tongue in, a loud, "WHAT THE..." was heard. Both the boys turned their head towards the door, there stood Jungkook, gasping at the sight of the two boys kissing.