2. thinking and dancing

"But you can't tell mom or dad, they will freak out" Hoseok said after he told Dawon, his older sister, why he was so happy.
"I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed, "but you're right, they will probably lock you up for a while. Not that you would mind, because you hate going outside and last time I checked you still had a LOT of candy. So it's not like you would starve". Dawon joked around a lot, one of the reasons why Hoseok adored her. He laughed at her joke but then admitted that he had indeed a lot of candy in his room. "I shouldn't eat that much though, in that way I will never become a good dancer"
Dawon suddenly gave him a serious face, "Hoseok, you aren't going to worry about calories are you? Just eat what you feel like eating!" She told him. "Oh trust me, I couldn't stay away from food even if I tried." They both laughed a little but soon the conversation went back to serious.
"Are you going to call them, to audition?"
"I don't know yet, I'm scared. I really want to but I doubt that I will be good enough." Hoseok sighed and looked at his hands, "I will need to start practising more".
Dawon straightened her back, that was her way of letting him know that she was about to say something important.
"I'm not sure where this company lies, but if you do get accepted you will need to go there almost everyday. What about your education Hoseok?" she placed her hand on his shoulder, "And dad will eventually find out, mom will probably support you though, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but please think this through okay?"
Hoseok looked up at her and nodded. "Thank you, for always being there for me. How come you always know what to say." he more said than asked. She smiled and pulled her brother into a hug.
When she let go she smiled and said, "now, go practise". Hoseok smiled thankfully at her and went to the garage.

Once there, he put on some music. He turned up the volume and let his body speak for him. He danced very often, but each time he did it, it felt amazing. As in some sort of trance he moved along to the music, everything going quite automatically.
It was only when the music stopped that Hoseok saw his sister standing in the doorway. He felt a little ashamed, not sure why. "Noona, why are you watching me?" He asked.
"I have never really seen you dance, I only knew how passionate you are about it." She answered with a slight smile appearing on her face.
"Well, what do you think?"
"That you should audition"
"really?"
"Hoseok you are really talented! It would be a pity if that goes to waste!"
Hoseok smiled at the compliment, "Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me! But eh, if you don't mind I would like to practise alone now." Dawon nodded and left. But just before she closed the door she turned around and said, "call them." and then she left.

Hoseok shrugged it off and started to dance again, picking up from where he left.
How cool would it be if I could make my own choreography to a song.
And so he started all over. Same song, different choreography.
Well, not completely all over, because Hoseok had been working on something before. But he didn't feel the need to continue with it, until now.

A few hours later his sister peeked her head around the door, "Hoseok, food's ready, are you coming?"
He jumped because he didn't expected her, "Geez, you startled me, but yea, I'm coming."
Hoseok wanted to tell her about the choreography he was making, but he hesitated a little. Just before Dawon closed the door again Hoseok said, "Wait, I want to show you something".
Dawon turned around, "you want to show me something?"
Hoseok nodded and gestured for her to sit down on a box standing next to a wall.
"I want to show you some choreo that I made myself" Dawon seemed surprised, "wait, you made your own choreography? In only this short amount of time?"
The younger boy nodded, "It's not finished though, but I've got the first part together"
Quickly Dawon walked over to the side and sat down, "alright then, show me!" She said enthusiastically.

The music started again, and so did Hoseok. He danced flawlessly although he didn't think that, for Hoseok nothing was good enough.
"And that is as far as I got" He said halfway through the song. He turned the music off and Dawon started clapping, "WOW, that was awesome!"
"you think so?"
"Absolutely! If you don't call that Big Hit company, I will!"