Chapter One- A strange place

Claire Redfield ☝☝☝

Claire's POV

I felt dryness in my throat as soon as I opened my eyes, blinking in the dim lighting present. The air was cold against my skin and I could barely move my fingers. Many questions flooded my mind, questions I would probably never get an answer to.

Who am I?

Where was I?

How did I get here?

The person who pushed my restart button was quite cruel because they left me not even the slightest hint as to who I was. This felt as though I was brought into this world as an adult, something that was quite impossible.

I looked around to find that I was in a room which was no different from a cell. I did not like the feeling stirring in my chest, the kind of feeling that allowed your heart to burn. I could smell the walls which were made of metal.

The door opened and a stranger appeared wearing black, he stared at me with a small smirk and my blood chilled. He was blond and based on his confident strides he was proud of whatever he was.

If I was worried about who touched my restart button there goes the bastard. The smirk was sickening yet it never left his face.

I toyed with my fingers.

At this point my mind was a blank sheet of paper and the room only grew colder by the minute. How the hell did I get here, that question would never leave me.

Shouldn't I remember how I had gotten here?

Better yet, who am I really?

I failed to remember a thing about my past and my own name was something I struggled to remember. Everyone had a past and a name right?

"What is this place?" I asked as I tried easing up only to realize that I was chained by the ankle. I blinked, what the hell?

Was I deposited to some sick cult?

"Who are you?" I asked softly, his head inclined a bit as he stared at me.

"Your worst nightmare dear heart" he told me, his accent making bitter words sound good on his tongue.

Was I bought for the purpose of human trafficking? For Pete's sake really hope that wasn't the case.

Feeling my parched throat I realized I was also wearing a choker. What had I ever done to deserve this? I tugged at the item, the blond shaking his head at me.

"Please refrain from doing that" he told me and I only tugged harder. Raw electricity filled me, my hands resting on the floor the moment that torture came to an end.

He shrugged as though what occurred was irrelevant.

Was I going to be killed for some harsh crime? Again was I kidnapped to be this place new prostitute?

Was this somebody's sick way of punishing me?

Punishment seemed like a logical explanation but punishment for what exactly? I had no memory of being a criminal so I found that quite hard to believe. To be kidnapped is a bit of a logical explanation.

"You poor girl. Everything is so strange isn't it?" The man taunted as he sat before me, crossing his legs as he placed what I'm assuming to be my meal down.

I eyed the meal, my eyes narrowing at the blond.

Whatever was on the plate looked like food you would get at the tuck shop in hell. This man spoke to me as if I was a child. Was this a prison? Again what had I done so terrible so be thrown here?