Flirting (Platonic Logince)

May 12th, 2018

Roman was walking through the park when he noticed a sharply dressed man walking toward him. He had his nose buried in a book and didn't so much as look up at him. The princely man's instincts betrayed his morals when he turned to look him up and down from behind. 

Damn... he thought with a smirk as he turned and cleared his throat. The man stopped, looking confused as he turned around. "Excuse me, are you wearing space pants?" he questioned. He looked utterly lost as he looked down at his clothing. "Because your ass is out of this world."

Realization dawned across the man's face as he glared at him. "No, actually I'm wearing baseball pants," he retorted, earning a confused scowl from Roman. "Because my ass is out of your league."

The princely man's jaw dropped open as he smirked in triumph and turned to continue walking. Did he just roast me in response to my flirting? he thought as he caught up with him. "Well, that was incredibly rude of you," Roman remarked as he walked next to the man reading a book.

"Well, it was incredibly rude for you to jump to conclusions," he said, not even glancing up from his book. "While I am, what made you assume I was attracted to males? What would you have done if I had been straight?"

He hadn't thought about that, face reddening in embarrassment. "Also, you've no way of knowing I was single," he continued. "As a matter of fact, I'm not. I currently have a boyfriend."

"Well, I apologize immensely then," Roman said quickly, rubbing the back of his neck with an awkward laugh. "Thank you for putting me in my place, I shouldn't have really been sizing you up anyway. I'll say your boyfriend's a lucky man, and I should consider those things next time I think about saying something like that."

"Yes, you should," he replied with nod.

As a silence fell on them, Roman realized that even if not romantically, he wanted to see this man again. He got an idea. "Perhaps I could buy you a coffee, and one for you to take to your boyfriend?" he suggested, a smirk finding its way onto his face. "I'd like to see you again. We seem like we could be friends, and I'd love to meet your lucky man."

This made the man look up with a nod and a small smile. They paused their steps, and he offered his hand. "Logan," he said simply as the princely man took it to shake.

"Roman."