Chapter 29: Campfire

Start from the beginning

They all went to their tents and sleep." Trust me, our mother is worst than your parents." Maya said." Speaking of your mother. Mom, who is she?" Julia asked curiously.

" Julia, you don't wanna know." Maya said." I wanna know mom. I wanna know where you guys came from. Who your parents are." Julia answered.

" Julia, listen to your mom. Trust us." Mal said. Julia pouted and just nodded." Yeah, trust me I really hate their parents." Chad said which he received a nudge from his wife Evie.

" Sometimes, you don't really want to face reality Julia. It might traumatise you." Ben said." Yeah, traumatise, that's the word." Chad agreed.

Evie glared at him and pinched his ear getting a grip standing up." Why did I marry you?" Evie asked." Because you love me when I make you laugh." Chad said wincing at the pain he was receiving as Evie still was holding his ear.

" No, it's because you're stupid. And you were handsome it kinda makes my eyes hurt." Evie winked at the last part." What? Are my teeth so shiny?" Chad asked stupidly, Evie's smile faded.

" Yeah, I really need to fix your brain problem." Evie said plainly and dragged Chad by the ear to their tent." Are they like that?" Smackle asked referring to Evie and Chad.

" Yeah, they fight then the second after their fight they're good." Ellia said." Dad's the cliche self-absorbed king if you know what I mean." Ellia said a little bit louder.

" I heard that!" Chad shouted back." I know! It was meant for you!" Ellia shouted back then Evie unzipped the tent they were in and went outside the tent and sat next to her daughter.

" Excuse your father, he's just really dumb." Evie said." Then why did you marry him in the first place?" Ellia asked." Because I love him. He makes me happy." Evie explained.

Everyone awed. Chad was about to sit next to Evie quietly when Evie looked up." Get back inside the tent Chadderton Caleb Charming Jr." Evie pointed to the tent.

" But-" Chad was about to speak another word but Evie cut him off." No buts." Evie said. Chad frowned and went back to the tent." You guys seemed a lovely couple." Smackle said.

" Correction. Childish couple. Sometimes, Ellia was the mature one in their family over them." Mal said trying her best not to laugh. Evie glared at her.

" Yep." Ellia agreed." So your dad's middle name is my first name." Caleb said." Yes, Mr. Caleb Daniel Harper." Ellia said. Caleb smiled and placed his arm around her shoulders and she leaned on his shoulder.

" As long as I can remember you two were enemies and are not talking to each other. What happened?" Evie asked." We talked. We decided to date soon but not right now. We wanna wait for the right time and that's what matter." Caleb said.

" Well that's good." Evie said." I heard there will be a prom soon. When is it?" Riley asked." It's next Saturday. Speaking of prom. We don't have a band or a singer to invite. Sabrina, would you go to our prom and sing for us?" Claire said.

" I would love to." Maya answered." And also You guys need to start calling me my real name." Maya said." Ok, what's your real name?" Hayden asked.

" Maya. Maya Hart. Sabrina is my stage name. My real name keeps between only us ok?" Maya asked. Everyone nodded." I better take Julia inside the tent now." Josh said.

Everyone looked at him. Julia was in his arms sound asleep. Josh carried Julia and went inside their tent. Maya followed behind." We better sleep." Ben said getting up.

Mal stood up and held his hand." You guys staying up?" Mal asked. The kids nodded. All the adults now left to their different tents and slept.

All of them adjusted to their seats and stared at the fire." Kenzie, let's talk." Lauren said standing up. Kenzie followed her." Lauren, I know you're disappointed in me and I'm sorry." Kenzie started.

" First you said you like my twin and now you're dating Hayden. For goblins sake Kenzie. Make up your mind." Lauren argued." I'm sorry. It just got all messed up." Kenzie said.

Lauren sighed and gave Kenzie her gift. Kenzie took it and open the box revealing a heart gold locket with K&L carved. She opened the locket and see a photo of Lauren and Her.

The one side was when they were little and the other side was they are now. Kenzie looked up and engulf Lauren into a hug." This is beautiful." Kenzie said a she still go of the hug.

" Do you forgive me?" Kenzie asked." What are friends for." Lauren said and smiled and hug her.

" Lauren, I'm gonna do the best thing in prom." Kenzie said." What? Tell me." Lauren pleaded." Something that is very great. You know Hayden and Claire like each other. Something will change." Kenzie said.