Chapter 25: That should be me

Bryce's POV

So... Kenzie and Hayden are dating. I've never felt so sad and disappointed in my entire life. I still can't get over of the fact. I really, really like Kenzie and I want her to be mine but she has Hayden.

Hayden's a good guy but when I first saw him I thought he was dating Claire cause they looked at each other differently but I guess not. Ever since last night I've been so quiet. I saw Lauren at the corner of my eye against her locker waiting for the girls to get done taking stuff in and out of their lockers.

" Lauren do you like this or this?" Ellia asked showing Lauren two necklaces. One royal blue and one aqua blue." I like the royal blue." She answered with a smile." Me too." Ellia agreed and smiled." Thanks Lolo." She said before putting in the necklace and put back the other one.

" Dude, you really like her don't you?" Harvey asked. I closed my locker and leaned back." Is that even a question? I really, really, like her." I answered looking at Kenzie." You're too slow." Grayson butted in.

I just rolled my eyes." Who cares now?" I asked pissed." I do. Even though Hayden is my best friend I don't like the view of him dating my sister." Caleb said." Well there's no way we can do anything about it." I answered.

" I know." Caleb said putting his hand on his pocket." You're making a song with Kenz??" He asked." Yeah. I was planning for a love song but hey. She got a boyfriend." I explained." Hey, it can always work." Harvey said cheering me up.

" I know what you're doing. You're trying to get me like you for my sister." I said with a smirk." No, I'm cheering you up cause i'm your friend." He said." Yeah, right." I said sarcastically.

" Let's just eat lunch. I'm hungry." Grayson said which make us all laugh." My mood." Caleb agreed. The gang all went inside the cafeteria and sat down to our usual table.

" Hey guys. You didn't wait for me." Hayden said walking up to us holding his tray and sitting down beside Kenzie which is in front of me." Where have you been?" Kenzie asked." I got you this little present." Hayden said giving Kenzie a small box.

" A necklace. Thank you." Kenzie  said. It was a necklace with a ring." I'll help you put it on." Hayden said and put the necklace on Kenzie. Kenzie smiled and kissed his cheek and they both held hands.

That should be me.

Everyone around the table just gave them a weak smile before eating. After we ate I excused myself and wonder off the empty halls of the school since everyone now is inside each classroom. 

It was quiet.

"

Everybody's laughing in my mind
Rumors spreading 'bout this other guy
Do you do what you did when you did with me?
Does he love you the way I can?
Did you forget all the plans that you made with me?
'Cause baby I didn't

That should be me
Holdin' your hand
That should be me
Makin' you laugh
That should be me
This is so sad
That should be me
That should be me
That should be me
Feelin' your kiss
That should be me
Buyin' you gifts
This is so wrong
I can't go on
'Til you believe that
That should be me

That should be me

You said you needed a little time
For my mistakes
It's funny how you use that time
To have me replaced