Chapter 24: Movie mess

Hayden's POV

I can't believe what just happened but to catch up with you Kenzie and I are now officially dating. This is great.

I can't believe it but there's something holding me back. I glanced up to Claire. She was all alone staring off to space.

" So, what do you want to do now?"  I asked Kenzie." I don't know. What do you want?" She asked.

" Let's watch a movie. With the gang." I suggested." Great. Tonight?" She asked. I agreed and told the gang.

Time skip to the movies

" Hey guys." I greeted. They all turned around and greeted us. I held Kenzie's hand and hugged her leaving the gang confused.

" Uhmm, can you guys explain?" Ellia asked pointing to our hands." Kenzie and I are dating." I said and gave Kenzie a smile.

All their jaws dropped. I saw Claire smiled but her eyes tell that she's hurt. Same to Bryce. His old gleaming eyes weren't the same.

Everyone doesn't seem to be happy. Kenzie sighed and shook her head." I get it that you guys don't like us together. Let's just watch the movie." Kenzie said.

We all went to our seats and watched the movie. It was a movie in the park. Under the skies having picnic, it was perfect.

You could tell. Couples were cuddling with each other and eating. Caleb and Ellia was snuggled up to each other, Grayson and Frankie eating popcorn, Harvey and Lauren have no clue they were holding hands and Claire and Bryce were staring off to space.

I turned to my left and see Kenzie. She wasn't really looking like the most comfortable girl in the movies with her own boyfriend.

I can tell she was thinking. She sighed heavily and looked down to her feet hugging her knees.

I just went back to the movie. After the movie about 3 best friends, 2 girls, 1 boy in a triangle.

The ending was that one girl ends up dating the guy's best friend and the other girl ends up with the main guy.

It was a very good movie. It relates to my current situation." It's nice watching movies with you guys." I said with a weak smile looking at everyone.

" Yeah... it was." Ellia said awkwardly nodding and looking around not laying an eye on Kenzie and I. I find it very rude but they are my friends so I can't be mad at them all the time.

" Guys! Can't you just be happy for us?!" I shouted. They all stepped back." Claire? Bryce?" I asked them both.

" I'm happy for you guys. That's what I want. It's for the best." Claire said with a smile. I know it's a fake smile but I ignored it and looked at Bryce.

He look so much hurt. He just stared at us and left right away." Take me home. Now." Lauren Said to Harvey. Before they left, Lauren looked at Kenzie with hurt and disappointment.

Harvey placed his arm on her waist as they left." We better go. Nice seeing the movie with you guys." Frankie and awkwardly before leaving with Grayson behind her.

" Wow. I've never been so bumped in my entire life. I always thought you would end up with Claire." Caleb said running his hand on his hair and the other one holding Ellia's arm.

" Hayden and I promised each other just to be friends. And that will be the end of discussion." Claire said and run off.

" I'm not gonna say anything. If you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all. And that's what I'm gonna do." Ellia said.

" Let's go." Ellia told Caleb and left to go home. I run my hands through my curly brown hair.

" I should go. I'll see you tomorrow." Kenzie said placing her hands in her pockets and walked away after kissing my cheek.

Well this is a Movie mess.

Kenzie's POV

I told Hayden that I'm going home. I opened the door and be greeted by my mom and dad.

" Hey sweetie. What's up?" Mom asked." Well, me and Hayden are together now and we went to the movies with the gang in the park." I informed them and just in time Caleb walked in and pass by me.

" Hey mom. Hey dad. Don't even ask me what happened." Caleb said to them and looked at me before heading up to his room.

" Ok, Woah. What happened?" Dad asked completely confused on what just happened." They don't approve." I said before walking up to my room leaving them in shock.

I shut the door and changed to my PJs and sat down on the edge of my bed. Just ignore what happened and everything will be fine tomorrow. I hope.

The next day

I got dressed up and went downstairs and sat down waiting for my breakfast." Morning Mom. Morning Dad. Oh, and morning sis." Caleb greeted before stting next to me as mom handed us our breakfast.

" Morning to you too sweetie." Mom said. We thank her and ate our breakfast." Caleb, your sister told me what happened last night. Why didn't you guys approve? Are you not happy for her and Hayden?" Mom asked.

Caleb looked up." I'm happy." He said then continue eating." Then you approve?" I asked annoyed." I don't. I'm just happy that you're happy." He said and grabbed his back and opened the door.

" Are you coming or what?" He asked. I looked at mom confused but I grabbed my bag and head out the door. We went inside the Limousine and drove off. The whole ride was silent.

When we got to the school we were greeted by our friends." Hey." Hayden greeted. I smiled and hugged him." Hi." I said after letting go of the hug.

" Hey Kenzie bear." Claire waved with a smile." Hey Claire bear." I said." Hey guys." I greeted the others. They looked at me and smiled.

" Sorry about how we acted last night." Ellia apologised." It's ok." I said accepting the apology. Caleb rolled his eyes so Ellia nudge him in the stomach.

" Sorry." Caleb said to me. Lauren didn't said anything but just cross her arms looking down to the ground." Congratulations you two." Lauren let out and left followed by Harvey, Grayson, and Frankie.

Bryce was about to go but I stopped him." Bryce, are we still up tomorrow?" I asked." What's tomorrow?" Hayden asked." We're doing a song." I said then Caleb and Ellia smirked.

" I'll see you later." Bryce said and left. We all head to class and some of my other friends congratulated me and Hayden.

Hey guys I'm doing a cover contest on this book so if you want to join just post the cover on one of your books, mention me and I'll choose one cover and the winner will be given a shout out. Thank you for reading this chapter. Peace! Sorry I took so long to publish. My tablet got confiscated and I'll probably not update for awhile but I'll make sure to give you guys a spam.