Chapter 29: Campfire

No one's POV

After Lauren and Harvey left to go to her room everyone's jaw dropped. They just shook it off and went to their places wrapping gifts or just plain eating chips.

All of them were busy preparing for tonight. After they wrapped their gifts they said goodbye and went home to prepare and changed.

As hours past the sky was black and filled with stars. If you could describe it in one word it would be astonishing.

Everyone drove off to the place each have huge tents. As soon everyone arrived they set up the tents and the foods.

Everyone greeted Kenzie and sung. " Happy birthday." to
and wait for her to blow the candle. As Kenzie blew out the candle everyone cheered." Happy 17th birthday!" They all screamed.

Kenzie laughed with joy as she was very happy." Let's eat." Audrey said as everyone nodded and ate their food.

" Kenzie, why don't you sing a song and Caleb can strum a little?" Luke asked." Sure." The siblings agreed.

Caleb started strumming and Kenzie sings.( I don't know a perfect song for this scene ) As Kenzie was done singing everyone smiled looking at each other.

" Mal. Your turn." Carlos said with a smirk. Mal glared at him and her eyes flashed green for a second and back to normal." Come on Mom. Sing for us." Bryce pleaded.

Mal just rolled his eyes as Ben borrowed the guitar and started strumming.

"
I'm up with the sunshine
I lace up my high-tops
Slam dunk, ready or not
Yeah, show me what you got

Mal raised her eyebrow on Ben with a smirk.

I'm under the spotlight
I dare you come on and follow
You dance to your own beat
I'll sing the melody

When you say, "Yeah," I say, "No."
When you say, "Stop," all I wanna do is go, go, go!

You (you) the other half of me (me)
The half I'll never be
The half that drives me crazy

Maya points to herself when Mal sung ' The half that drives me crazy ' all of them laughed but still the fire can be heard.

You (you) the better half of me (me)
The half I'll always need (need)
And We all know
We're better in stereo "

All of them smiled and hugged theieibkings and friends." You still got the voice." Maya said smiling as she hugged her sister. Mal was surprised but she hugged back anyways.

All the kids hugged their moms and dads which kinda made Julia upset. She was jealous of them." Julia? What's with the frown?" Maya asked noticing her daughter was in the urge of crying.

Maya's heart was pounding worried why her daughter seemed so upset. Everyone was quiet staring at them." It's just, they all have a dad and I'm just here sitting without a dad to play, hug, and give advice for somethings." Julia explained.

Josh and Maya shared a look. Maya stood up and sighed." Julia, you have a dad. He's with you." Maya said." Where?" Julia asked confused.

" Right here. Julia, I'm your dad." Josh admitted. The kids gasped." Surprise." Maya said nervous on what her daughter's reaction will look like.

Julia's jaw dropped as he turned around to face Josh." Your middle name is Matthews, not Mr. Matthews." Maya said." Matthews beauty." Josh said.