Chapter 26: Figure things out

Maya's POV

After the talk with my niece, Bryce, Julia and I went to my room and changed since Josh is taking us on a tour tonight which I would love to not because I'm spending the night with him or whatever, it's because I can finally catch up with everything after 10 years with no return.

" How do I look?" I asked Riley and Julia.

" LLLLOOOOVVVVEEE IIITTT!!!!!!" They both screamed jumping up and down then someone knocked on the door. Julia smiled and opened the door and hugged Josh." Dad!" Julia exclaimed and hugged him.

" Hey sweetheart. Ready to go? Nice dress and you look very pretty." Josh complimented her." Thanks for the compliment but I want you to compliment mom cause she's the one to get me this dress." Julia said and point to me.

Josh looked up and smiled. I can feel my cheeks hit up. Why does my cheeks turn red when he smiles at me?" Y-you look beautiful." He said looking at me from head to toe." Thanks. You look handsome..." I said staring at him lost of words.

" I'm gonna go now. Have fun on your family date." Riley said walking out the room." Let's go?" Josh asked." Yeah." I answered smiling weakly holding Julia's hand.

We head out the and first thing we were greeted was Mal, Ben, Jay, Lonnie, Carlos, Jane, Evie, Chad, Lucas, Riley, Charlie, and the kids looking at us.

" We're going out!" Julia announced excitedly holding both Josh's and I's hand." I can tell sweetie." Charlie said with his cheeky smile.

" Wow, you guys look like a happy family." Carlos said. I looked at Josh and he smirked. His smirk. Dang it, it always get me to like him.

" Be safe peaches." Riley said." Riley, it's more like the other way around. You know her. Nothing can get into her way." Lucas said casually. I laughed when Riley glared at him and started chasing him. 

" Maya and Josh, sitting under the tree..." I hear Mal mumble. Even though she has 2 teenagers now she's still the goofy Mal back in the isle. I just rolled my eyes. Bryce have a smi on his face. Gosh this kid really is Mal's son.

" We better go if none of you have nothing to say now." I said." Bye." They all waved as we head out the door.

" Where are we going dad?" Julia asked." Well, Julia. Do you like parks and movies?" Josh asked." Yes, yes, yes!" Julia screamed." Alright. Let's go to the park. Every night they premier old or new movies. It's really fun cause you get to watch under the stars. It's a perfect date night." Josh explained.

This is the first time since forever I'm out in the night without my body guards. I admired the stars, they're." Beautiful." Josh said looking down to me. A smile formed." Here we are." Josh said. 

We looked at the couples all set up sitting on their picnic blankets with their picnic baskets." I'll just grab our picnic stuff." Josh said." I want to come." Julia said and followed Josh.

I smiled admiring everything. I miss this place a lot. I placed my hands on my pockets looking around.

" We're back." Julia said carrying a picnic basket and a picnic blanket wrapped around her. I laughed a little on her cuteness.

" Sweetie why are you carrying that? Shouldn't Josh be the one carrying all of that?" I asked taking the picnic basket.

" Yes, but she took it away from me." Josh said running to us. I laughed." Let's just set this picnic so we can watch the movie." I said as we all agreed.

After setting up the picnic the movie started and it was a very good movie but some parts of it are mature.

" I love you Malliyah, I really do."