Chapter 65

Evan's POV:

I'm scrolling through my phone, all I see is ads and those stupid memes Jared is posting. All the sudden an alert pops up on my phone. I read it.

'18 YEAR OLD ALMOST DROWNS AT THE WILLOW CREEK BRIDGE, GOES BY THE NAME OF CONNOR MURPHY'

I put down my phone, I'm frozen in shock. My mom comes in as I stare at my celling, not moving, not saying a word.

"Evan?"

I lay still, I hear nothing but the voices in my head.

"EVAN? CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

Mom walks over to me and starts shaking me, I finally snap out of it and look up at her.

"Evan are you ok?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine..."

She looks over at my phone, it's still on with the message popped up.

"Connor Murphy? Don't you know him?"

"Y-yes... he's my boyfriend"

"WHAT?" My mom replies, more shocked than I am. I lay still, realizing what I just said.

Shit.

"M-mom I can explain..."

She cuts me off. "Oh Evan that's wonderful I'm so happy for you!"

"I uhhh yeah it's great but he almost k-killed himself"

"Oh Evan... I know it's hard.. hey you know what I can take you to the hospital if you want"

"R-really?"

"Yes Evan... I don't want you to loose someone you're so happy with"

~~~

My eyes fill with tears as I look down at Connor on the living room couch. Connor's parents said he wasn't in the hospital for that long they just had to get the water out of his throat. All I want is for Connor to get up and see me, he looks so tired. Suddenly I see Connor's eyes slowly flicker open, I see a smile form on Connor's face, I smile back.

"E-Ev... y-you're here..."

I nod and sit on the couch next to him, he sits up and puts his arms around me, bringing me in close.

"Ev... I promise that no matter what happens we will never drift apart... I love you Evan Hansen"

"I love you too Connor Murphy"

We were just two broken hearts, but now we are no longer broken, we are patched together again by the love we feel for one another.

A/N:
Sorry again for the short chapter, I promise once school is over they'll be a lot more longer chapters, thank you again for your support and your patience.