Chapter 20

WARNING: there is talk about self harm in this chapter so if you are uncomfortable with that I recommend not starting the chapter until you see the "•••"

Connor's eyes begin to water and I can't look at him anymore. I can't look at the sadness in his eyes because it will make me cry. Connor sighs and helps me up to the biggest and strongest branch, I stand on it and I don't feel any cracks or anything, but I do hear a crack, a crack in my heart knowing that Connor saw the cuts. Connor looks at me and I can see a tear gently fall down his beautiful face.

"E-Evan..."

Tears start falling down my face and I utter the words I've been wanting to say to him ever since I started cutting.

"I-I'm sorry"

Connor starts crying even more and he quietly sobs.

"E-Evan why would you do that to yourself? I could have protected you"

I try to swallow the tears and ignore the holes that are melting into my heart.

"Y-you weren't there so my mind went off to these thoughts and..."

Connor sighs and nods.

"Evan I understand.. I felt the same way for so long and even after I met you.. when you're not with me the thoughts creep up on me and..."

Connor rolls up his sleeves and shows all of his cuts, they go all the way up to his shoulders and all the way down to his wrist. I let my tears fall because it doesn't matter anymore.

Connor and I... we need each other so much... we can never be alone.

"C-Connor we need to be by each other everyday and all day"

"N-no Evan we need to learn how to control our thoughts, I would love to be with you all day but we all know that's not possible with my parents and everything, but maybe we can help each other control our thoughts"

"Y-ya I guess"

Connor gave a faint smile and whipped his tears.

"Then let's start this journey to happiness... together"

•••

Connor and I stared walking to the coffee shop, we decided to go there after our little talk to cheer us up. We make it to the coffee shop and Connor opens the door for me and I walk in. The smell of coffee hits me in the face as I walk inside, though I like it here it's nice and calm and everyone seems so happy. Connor and I sit by a small table by the window with just two chairs, for the both of us. The window has a great view of a giant willow tree and it makes me overjoyed, I can finally relax. Connor asks what I want and I tell him I want a chocolate mocha then he nods and walks over to the counter and orders for both of us, while I wait for him I stare at the big, beautiful willow tree.

Connor comes back with our order and hands me my chocolate mocha. I slowly drink my mocha and keep looking out the window. Connor lets out a small giggle.

"The tree makes you happy too doesn't it?"

I laugh a little.

"You know me so well Connor Murphy"

"Oh I know you so well Evan Hansen"

We both laugh and continue to drink our mochas. I stare right into Connor's beautiful, bright, blue eyes. Connor can tell and he gives me a big smile, a smile that lights up the room. I blush a little and Connor giggles.

"You're so cute when you blush babe"

I blush even more.

"Awww stop Connor you're too nice"

"It's true though"

I sigh and finish my mocha. After Connor finishes his he holds my hand and we walk back to my house, I stare at all the trees while we are on our walk back to the house. The trees look so beautiful this time of day, well I guess they always look beautiful. When we make it to the house I open the door and Cassie comes up to greet us by purring and rubbing up against our legs. Connor and I both laugh.

"Evan, Cassie's whiskers tickle so much"

Connor and I laugh even more then we head up to my room. Connor looks over and sees the uno cards on my dresser. Connor grabs them and starts dealing some out to me.

"Connor what are you doing?"

"We are playing uno"

"When did you get to decide this?"

"Just now"

I roll my eyes and we start playing. After a few minutes I only have one card left.

Wow I'm so good at this game.

Connor taps me on the shoulder and starts giggling.

"Evan you have to draw four"

"FUCK"

Connor looks at me and his eyes widen.

Shit I guess I got to cursing from Jared, gosh darn it Jared.

"Evan watch your profanity!"

"It's not like you've done it a billion times"

Connor and I laugh about that for about 10 minuets then decide to continue the game. Connor wins the game a few minutes later.

"Connor you need to stop being so good at uno"

"Too bad"

I roll my eyes and jump on Connor and start play fighting with him.

Gosh I'm such a child sometimes.

"CHEATER!" I yell.

"HEY I DIDN'T CHEAT"

"YA YOU DID"

"NUUUU EVAN YOU'RE LYING"

"AM I?"

"YEP"

"NO"

Connor and I laugh and push away form each other. We both stare into each other's eyes and I can see a spark of love and happiness in Connor's big, blue eyes. Connor and I laugh for another 30 minuets.

Gosh I love how we laugh about the most random things.

"I love you so much Evan"

"I love you more"

Connor smirked.

"Prove it then"

"Ok"

I go over to Connor and kiss him over and over again until I have to stop and take a breath. Then I do it over again until Connor bursts out laughing.

"Ok ok you love me more"

I smile and mess up his hair and Connor messed up mine. We laugh again for another 10 minuets just staring at each other's hair.

I love you so much Connor Murphy. Your the best thing to ever come into my life.