Chapter 55

Connor's POV:

I climb through the window into my room, I look around and see that my door is wide open. I run over to go close the door and lock it.

I hope Zoe covered for me well.

I hear a loud yelling coming from downstairs, I sigh.

This always happens...

I lean up against the door and listen to the conversation.

"ZOE MURPHY GET BACK HERE AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BROTHER" mom yells.

"I TOLD YOU HE'S IN HIS ROOM STUDYING FOR A TEST" Zoe replies.

"FIRST OF ALL YOUR BROTHER HARDLY EVER STUDIES UNLESS HES FORCED AND SECOND I OPENED HIS ROOM DOOR AND HE WASN'T IN THERE"

"WELL HE MUST HAVE WENT TO A DIFFERENT ROOM THEN"

I suddenly hear footsteps come near my room, I freeze.

SHIT.

I just sit on my bed and grab a book, I stare at it as my door swings open, I see my dad looking more angry the ever.

"Connor your door wasn't fully locked"

I ignore him and keep staring at my book. He takes it away from me.

"Where have you been this whole time?"

"Studying like Zoe said"

"Oh really?" He says examining the cover of my book.

"Male puberty 101, is that what you're studying in school? Or is this just the book your mother gave you when you were 13 and started getting hair on your armpits?" He asks coming closer to me.

"Shut up dad" I reply and stare at the ground, ignoring him.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?"

"I SAID SHUT UP"

"CONNOR MURPHY YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR 3 MORE WEEKS"

"FUCK YOU"  I reply and storm downstairs, I hear my dad run down after me. I reach for the door but I'm stopped by my mom, I try to push her out of the way but dad catches up and pulls me away.

"LET GO OF ME OLD MAN" I yell and try to get free of his grip. Mom looks at me in a stern but clam way, she sighs and leads dad and I to the couch. He lets me go and my eyes focus on the ground below me.

"Connor we just want what's best for you" mom says, wrapping her hand around my wrist, I quickly pull away.

"Don't touch me" I reply, she pulls away slowly, sadness in her eyes. I slowly get up and walk towards my room, I hear my dad start to yell.

"CONNOR GET-" he is cut of by my mom, she looks at me and sighs.

"Larry let him go"

I run up to my room and see Zoe sitting on my bed. I stare at her.

"What do you want?"

Zoe sighs, she looks at me with worry in her eyes. "Connor I just want to make sure you're ok... I don't want you hurting yourself again..."

"Well if they keep taking Evan away from me I have no other choice..."  I reply as I look through my drawer, trying to find my pills, I pull them out the run to the bathroom. Zoe follows me but I shut and lock the door before she can get in. I quickly open the pill bottle and take 4 pills, I hear Zoe scream and cry.

"CONNOR PLEASE! ITS ONLY 3 MORE WEEKS! OUR PARENTS DON'T WANT YOU DOING THIS! PLEASE CONNOR! THINK ABOUT EVAN"

Think about Evan...

I quickly close the pill bottle and put it in my back pocket, I look at myself in the mirror, thoughts run through my head.

Think about Evan... Evan wouldn't want you hurting yourself. He doesn't want to lose you. And you don't want to lose him.