Chapter 36

So the video about is of Will Roland singing 'Going Viral', which was a cut song from Dear Evan Hansen. It's so good and I'm obsessed with it now I can't even. So this song was kinda an inspiration for this chapter in a way. Enjoy the video and the chapter. :)

Jared's POV:

I lay in my bed hoping for a snow day, there was freezing rain all night and surly the roads are horrible. The door opens and my mom walks in.

Fuck mom please say there's a snow day.

"Get up Jared you have school today"

"FUCK"

Mom rolls her eyes and leaves, she's used to me swearing all the time. I get up about five minuets later and get ready for school. After I'm done getting dressed I decide to go on my phone instead of eating breakfast like a loser. A couple minutes later my mom comes back to my room.

"Jared we have to go to school"

I sigh and go downstairs to the garage and get in the car. Mom drives me to school and all I can think about is Connor and Evan.

I can't believe they're in New York. Did they run away so they could hide their gayness and fuck without anyone knowing? Well I know what you guys did, I know you fucked Evan. NOT SO PURE AND CLEAN ANYMORE HA!

Mom stops at the school and I grab my backpack and get out of the car to meet the gay couple, Natalie and Marissa.

"Hey gays"

Natalie rolled her eyes.

"Hey Jared"

"Do you guys think Evan and Connor fucked? Cause I sure do"

Marissa rolled her eyes.

"Sure they did Jared, gosh you're so annoying"

Zoe and Alana walked up behind us. Zoe spoke first.

"Hey what are we talking about?"

"Connor and Evan's gay love"

"Jared, I'm seriously worried about them what if they are living on the streets?"

"They're fucking on the streets"

"Jared..."

"I'm sure your brother is fine"

"I hope..."

"Look their little gay asses will be back here soon, just you wait"

The bell rings and we all head to our classes.

~~~

I set my food down at the lunch table, everyone else is already there. Right behind us all the loud football players are sitting. Zoe still looks worried from this morning.

"Are you sure they'll be fine?"

I sigh.

"Yes Zoe, they're probably so happy"

"But New York is so far"

I roll my eyes and one of the football players comes up behind me.

"Who's in New York?"

"Shut up loser"

"You're calling me a loser? Look at you always looking at memes and pictures of bath bombs you're the loser"

Marissa laughs.

"He's not wrong"

"Shut up Marissa" I say in a loud whisper.

The football player smirks and goes back to his seat. Zoe continues.

"So do you really think they'll be ok?"

"JESUS CHRIST YES THEY'LL BE FINE. EVAN AND CONNOR WILL BE HAPPY FUCKING IN NEW YORK"

Little do I know the football player was listing this whole time. He comes up behind me again and laughs.

"Oh really? Your loser friends are in New York? The emo and the tree lover? Oh I think everyone should know about this, ya know we gotta look for them. We'll all be so worried for them"

Shit.

"Oh uhh we got it handled you don't need to-"

He covers my mouth and I try to move it off but he won't let me. He types something on his phone and I can hear the sent sound.

Shit if Evan finds out he's gonna kill me.

~~~

I wake up and I look on my phone, I see a bunch of twitter notifications and I start reading them. First there's a tweet from Brad, the football player from yesterday.

@/bradsthebest: little Evan Hansen and Connor Murphy have run away to New York and I guess they were too scared to show they're gayness to their families. We should all be on the lookout for them and make sure they feel welcome when they come back :)
Credit to @/bathbombmemes for telling me

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I read some replies.

@/swaggyswag: is this true @/bathbombmemes?

@/connormurphyisemo: wow such losers trying to run away

@/iliketosleep144: I cant believe @/treelover203 and @/milklover122 ran away, wow such losers

Fuck, I'm fucked. Evan's fucked and Connor. All because of me.

I read the retweets, likes, and replies.

24503 likes, 105 replies, 20053 retweets

Shit I'm dead, I'm so dead.