Chapter 43

Connor's POV:

After a long car ride home the police drop me off at my house, before I get out of the car I hug Evan for as long as I can before Hank taps on my shoulder.

"Connor, it's time to get in the house and see your family"

I sigh and whisper into Evan's ear one last time before we have to go our separate ways again.

"I love you"

"I love you too" Evan whispers back

I slowly get out of the car and as my feet hit the ground I can feel overwhelming stress start to develop again. I sigh and walk over to the door, it's already open and I walk inside. Mom greets me with a hug and dad just looks at me from the top of the stairs. Mom sees Hank standing right outside the door and she goes over to talk to him, I overhear their conversation.

"Thank you so much for bringing my son back to me, I've been worried for so long"

"No problem ma'am I'm here for you any day. Just give us a call if anything happens"

Mom nods, waves goodbye to Hank, and shuts the door. A piece of my heart shatters when I hear that door close.

Goodbye Evan, hopefully we won't be apart for too long.

Mom mentions for me to go upstairs and I slowly walk up the steps. Mom follows me and sits down on the couch in the lounge room, dad sits next to her. I sit as far away as possible from them. Mom starts the conversation.

"Connor we are glad you're back but you had us worried sick. You can never run off like that again understand?"

I nod and dad adds on to what mom says but not in a gentle tone.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND CONNOR?"

"YES JESUS CHRIST"

Mom stands up and she looks like she's getting pretty mad now, she's very religious. She gives me that 'you're in deep trouble' look and I already now it's gonna be bad.

"CONNOR MURPHY, WE DO NOT USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE IN OUR GOOD CATHOLIC HOME! NOW APOLOGIZE"

I sigh.

"NO! YOU GROUD ME ALMOST EVERY MONTH AND IM SICK OF YOUR STUPID COMMENTS SO JUST SHUT UP"

Now dad gets up and walks over to me and gets right in my face.

"that's another month of being grounded"

Mom nods and goes upstairs to my room, my anger rises.

"YOU CANT DO THIS I HAVE TO SEE EVAN!"

Mom comes down a second later with all of my electronics.

"CONNOR IM TAKING AWAY ALL OF YOUR ELECTRONICS"

"WELL FUCK YOU GUYS"

I push dad away form me and head upstairs to my room and sit on my bed.

I wish no one found us.

~~~

After a few hours mom opens my room door slightly, I yell.

"GO AWAY"

"Connor this is important"

"It better be"

"That kid, Evan Hansen just had a drug overdose and he's not feeling too good"

"WHAT? WHERE? WE HAVE TO GO SEE HIM"

Oh gosh please Evan be ok. You can do this Evan, you have to stay alive for me.