Chapter 41

Evan's POV:

Connor and I are cuddled up on the couch in our hotel room, Connor has his arm around me and pulls me in close, I breath in his sweet sent. Suddenly the tv flashes red and an alert pops up. A man's voice comes on as he reads the alert.

"TWO TEENAGE BOYS WENT MISSING JUST LAST WEEK ON TUESDAY. PARENTS AND FRIENDS OF THESE BOYS HAVE SUSPECTED THEY LEFT THEIR HOMETOWN, KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI, AND FLED TO SOMEWHERE FARTHER AWAY. NAMES ARE CONNOR MURPHY AND EVAN HANSEN, IF YOU SEE THESE TWO BOYS ANYWHERE PLEASE CALL 911 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE"

During the alert pictures of Connor and I pop up on the screen, Connor pulls me closer and my hands start to sweat badly. Connor whispers into my ear.

"It'll be ok Evan, as long as we have each other, it'll be ok"

I relax a little knowing I have Connor and I'm not on my own. We will both be going through this together, we have each other. Connor hugs me tight as the tv show we were watching comes back on. I breath in Connor's sent again and I drift to sleep and all the thoughts in my head float away.

~~~

I'm awaken by Connor poking at me side laughing, I open my eyes ever so slightly, I can barley make out it's Connor but I know it's him cause I can feel his long hair touch the tips of my shoulders.

"Wake up sleepy head"

I slowly sit up in bed, yawn, and rub my eyes.

"Con, what time is it?"

"12:00 pm, you slept in late babe"

I sigh and get up to go take a shower but Connor races in the bathroom before me.

"HA BEAT YOU"

I sigh. I try to run in there and get in the shower before he does but he's already undressing and turning on the water.

"You'll have to wait Ev"

He laughs and I leave the room.

"YOH BETTER HURRY UP CON"

"I WILL I WILL"

I lay on the bed and stare at the celling while I wait for Connor to get out of the shower, right as he gets out I hear a knock on the door.

"Con can you answer it?"

"Evan I'm naked you answer it"

"But I'm too scared"

Connor sighs and wraps a towel around himself, he goes to answer the door but before he does he whispers into my ear.

"I'll get my revenge on you Ev"

I laugh and he opens the door, I let out a sigh of relief when I realize it's not the cops, just one of the hotel managers. I listen to their conversation.

"Hi! I was just wondering if you would like your room cleaned today? There was no sign on your door about it or anything so I just wanted to come in and ask"

"Oh uhh no thanks I thank we are good, thank you though"

She nods and heads down the hallway, Connor shuts the door.

"I've never answered the door with just a towel on before, my nipples were totally exposed"

I laugh a little.

"Oh Con your nipples look so good"

"Ev, you're so gay"

"I know"

"Aren't you gonna go take your shower?"

I nod and I head to the bathroom, I undress and get in the shower. A few minutes later I hear another knock on the door, Connor answers it and I hear a mans voice.

"Hello are Connor Murphy and Evan Hansen here? I'm Hank Chanler, I work for the New York police department"

Once I hear those words I start to have a panic attack, I sweat and shake and I feel like I'm gonna faint, it's getting hard to breath and I can't stand up anymore, I fall to the ground in fear and before I know it everything is pitch black around me.