Chapter 25

Today is the first day of Connor's expulsion. I want to cry, I want to cry so hard that if all my tears fell into a cloud, that cloud would overflow with sadness, the sadness of my heart. I walk to school and it feels like I have a cloud over my head. When I get there the bell rings, I'm late. I didn't leave the house until 7:50 and school starts at 8:00. I didn't want to leave the house, I didn't want everyone to see me crying. I asked mom if I could skip today and she said no. She said I can do this but I know I can't. I'm already late to class and I want to turn around but a teacher sees me and yells at me.

"HURRY UP AND GO TO CLASS. YOU'RE LATE"

I sigh and slowly walk to English, by the time I get there it's already 8:10. When I open the door I try not to notice all the stares I'm getting from everyone. I look up and see Connor's old desk, empty and lifeless. I sigh and make my way to my desk. Mrs. Laurens pauses and looks at me then continues with her lesson.

"As I was saying, today we will begin our poetry unit. We will start with just a simple poem. You are allowed to make up your own topic or use the ideas provided that are listed on this paper I'm about to hand out to you. There's only a couple rules, it must use descriptive words and it must be at least two stanzas"

Mrs. Laurens starts handing out the papers. Once I get mine I stare at it for a while then an idea pops into my head and I start writing.

Sadness

It's like a cloud that can't leave you
Constantly above your head
Raining, and raining
The droplets fall down your face

Sadness is like a pain in your heart
It won't go away
It shatters your heart
It shatters your heart into a million pieces
Pieces so tiny that you can hardly see them
You feel as if there's no hope left

I get up to turn my paper in. I hand it to Mrs. Laurens and she instantly starts reading it. After she's done she hugs me and whispers into my ear.

"Evan I'm so sorry, I know you miss him"

I sigh and Mrs. Laurens pulls away.

"It's a wonderful poem though, thank you Evan"

~~~

After lunch I head to Chemistry, I didn't eat at all during lunch and I didn't talk to our group. I sigh and walk up the stairs to Chemistry. I suddenly remember that we have a test today in Chemistry. I forgot because my mind has been on Connor this whole time.

Shit. I'm gonna fail this test.

I walk into Chemistry and sit down in my spot. I quickly try to review my notes before the test, I can't understand any of it. I haven't been able to understand Chemistry forever and I won't ask my teacher for help because I'm afraid to. My mom tells me I should and I say I do but I don't. I lie to her. The bell rings and I put away my notes. Our teacher passes out the test after we are all quiet. I start to panic and my hands start to sweat.

I can't do this. I'm gonna fail.

Once I get my test I start working on it. I'm already stumped by the first question.

THIS WASN'T EVEN ON THE REVIEW GUILD!

I guess for the first 6 questions.

This is already going horribly.

I read question 7 and I get so mad at myself. I know how to do it but in a test environment my brain forgets things and it forgot how to do this. I don't even think, I look over at my partner's test and figure out how to do it. My hands start sweating even more.

I just cheated. I never cheat. When I was younger I never cheated. I was the good boy. What happened?

I finish my test and turn it in just as the bell rings. I grab my stuff and hurry to my next class. I feel like I'm about to puke.

I just cheated.

~~~

I come home and throw my bag on the floor. I grab my phone and start texting Connor.

Evan: Connor I can't handle this

Connor: I know I miss you so much

Evan: we can't go to different schools I need you

Connor: we can do this Evan

Evan: we can't

Connor: as long as we live near each other we can still see each other every weekend

Evan: but you're grounded

Connor: still doesn't mean I can't sneak out and go to your house

Evan: true

Connor: so did you survive today?

Evan: no

Connor: what happened babe?

Evan: I cheated on my Chemistry test

Connor: it's ok I cheat all the time and no one notices

Evan: no it's not ok, I'm a good boy I don't cheat

Connor: calm down it'll be ok

Evan: no

Connor: was it on the whole test?

Evan: only one question I forgot how to do

Connor: then you'll be fine

Evan: but I feel so bad

Connor: Evan it's ok your teacher will never know

Evan: oh Connor I'm falling apart without you

Connor: I know I am too

Evan: I'll see you soon?

Connor: tonight I'll come over make sure the window is unlocked

Evan: I love you

Connor: love you too

I set my phone down and go to unlock the window. I hear the garage door open and I head downstairs to greet mom.

~~~

It's 2:00 in the morning and I wake up to sound of Connor trying to get through my window. I look up and see Connor climbing into my room. He takes his shirt off and gets into my bed. He wraps his arm around me and I sigh.

Maybe everything will be alright.

A/N:
Sorry for no update yesterday, I wasn't feeling very well. But hey I'm planning on doing two chapters today to make up for it. Anyway this chapter kinda represents my life right now in a way, cause I also cheated on a test question and now I feel horrible and I wanted the same thing to happen to Evan. Idk I just thought it would be cool. Anyway thank you guys so much for 500 reads. That's amazing you guys are so awesome.