Chapter 35

Warning: this chapter does mention self harm and smut so if you are uncomfortable with that I recommend stopping the chapter at the "•••" and not continuing.

Back to Evan's POV:

I put on my apron and Connor helps me tie the back of it. Today is the first day of work. I slip on my work shoes. Connor's shift isn't until later tonight. He kisses me goodbye and I head out the door.

I stare down at the sidewalk as I walk to the coffee shop. Once I get there I open the doors and Mr. Banks greets me.

"Hello Evan, today you will start but taking orders and making some drinks, Stacey over there can help you make those orders if you need any help"

I nod and head over to the counter. The coffee shop isn't open yet but it will be in 10 minuets. Stacey walks over to me.

"Before we open we usually organize things and make sure all the utensils and cups are clean"

I nod and start to clean some of the dirty forks we still have left to clean. Stacey starts to organize things. Before we know it it's time to open. My hands start to sweat when I remember that I have to talk to all of these random people.

I can handle this, that's what Connor would say.

The first customer walks through the door, his brown hair is slick back and his suit and tie are neatly ironed, he walks up to me.

"Hello may I have the usual please?"

The usual? What does he mean by that?

The man looks at me for another moment then blushes of embarrassment.

"Oh sorry, you must be new. I come here a lot and I'm usually used to Stacey taking my order. My name's Jake and you are"

"E-Evan"

"Evan?"

"Y-yes Evan"

I wipe my sweaty hands on my apron. Jake and I shake hands.

"Well it's nice to meet you Evan"

"N-nice to uhh meet you too"

"Well I come here about every morning and ask for my usual, and that's a blueberry bagel and just the regular coffee with sugar to drink"

I quickly get my notepad out and write out his order, he smiles and walks over to the waiting station. I walk over to Stacey.

"We got our first order?"

I nod. I hand her the notepad and she reads it.

"Oh it looks like Jake is here, he's a nice guy you'll like him"

She smiles and waves at Jake, he waves back. I stand there awkwardly.

"We don't get a lot of traffic here so I should have enough time to teach you the basics"

I nod and she walks over to the coffee makers, I follow her.

"First you pour the coffee beans into the small opening, make sure you grab the right bag. Jake wants just our regular coffee so that would be this bag"

She holds up a small bag with an orange border. On the top of the bag there's a piece of tape with the word 'regular' on it. She opens it and pours the beans into the small container at the top of the coffee maker.