Chapter 45

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, I sigh and turn it off. It's 6:30 on a Monday morning. I slowly get out of bed and get dressed. Mom comes into my room with a worried expression on her face.

"Evan I can't find Cassie anywhere"

My hands start to sweat and I start to panic.

I can't loose Cassie, not now.

"W-where d-do you think she could be?"

"Evan she might have gotten outside somehow, she hasn't eaten or anything and I'm getting worried"

"W-we have to do something"

"I have a late start for work today, I'll start making posters. Oh Evan I know you're crushed but I know they'll find her soon. Now you better hurry up and eat breakfast so you can make it to school in time"

I nod and walk downstairs to the kitchen, normally Cassie would run up to me and start rubbing against my legs. I sigh. I open the pantry and grab out the cereal box, I grab a bowl and pour the cereal into the bowl, I walk over to the fridge and grab the milk. I pour the milk into the bowl and start eating. A few minutes later I'm on my way to school.

Please don't let this day get any worse.

~~~

At school all my teachers said they were happy to see me and so did my group of friends. I'm on my way home from school now, I'm pretty happy Brad and his crew didn't bully me today. I keep looking at the trees on my way home when suddenly I'm stopped by Brad.

Shit.

"Hey loser, long time no see"

"H-hey..."

"Oh how's your boyfriend?"

"He's.. g-good"

"Your little friend told me you guys fucked"

"W-we didn't"

"Admit it nerd, if you don't I'll just have to embarrass you in front of the whole school"

Brad snatched my phone out of my hand and holds it up into the air.

"If you don't tell me, everyone will know all your texts, photos, everything"

My hands start to shake real badly.

"FINE I'LL ADMIT IT WE FUCKED"

I grab my phone out of Brad's hand and I run all the way home. Once I get inside I lock the door and pass out on the floor out of breath, phone in my hand.

Apparently this isn't going to be a better day after all....