Chapter 63

Connor's POV:

"FUCK YOU DAD" I yell from the couch, my now temporarily room. I dig in my back pocket but then I suddenly remember mom took all my pills away from me, the only thing I'm allowed to take now is my anxiety medication and mom has to watch me take that to make sure I don't overdose. I look up as I hear Zoe come down the stairs, holding letters in her hands, I smile.

"Are those..."

She cuts me off. "Yes Connor, I asked mom and dad if I could help search through your room so I could save these letters for you and mom and dad wouldn't find out about them"

"Zoe... thank you.... and I mean it"

She hands me the letters and starts walking back upstairs, she looks back at me.

"I have to go help mom with some chores or else she'll get mad... just tell me if you need anything I'm just upstairs"

I nod and reread the letters, I feel tears fall down my face.

Will I ever be able to see you again Evan Hansen? Or will my life be stripped away from me and I'll be left with nothing?

~~~

After crying for about a few hours mom comes down to see if I'm ok, she sits on the edge of the couch and runs her hand down my hair, I quickly push away. She looks at me, her gaze clouding.

"Connor I'm just trying to make you feel better"

"WELL I DON'T WANT TO FEEL BETTER. THE ONLY WAY IM GOING TO FEEL BETTER IS IF I CAN SEE EVAN"

Mom backs away and starts to head to the kitchen, she looks back and me and sighs.

"You know Connor-"

I cut her off. "YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T CARE! I DONT WANT ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR STUPID STORIES ABOUT ME AS A KID! I'VE HEARD ENOUGH OF THEM"

She sighs and leaves the room, I lay back down on the couch rereading the letters from Evan over and over again until the letters are snatched out of my hand. I look up to see my dad, looking over the letters.

"Connor... what are these?"

"GIVE THEM BACK ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"

"CONNOR TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE"

"LETTERS"

"WHOS THIS EVAN HANSEN KID? AND WHY DOES IT SAY I LOVE YOU?"

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF THIS"

"TELL ME WHO THIS IS"

"HES MY BOYFRIEND OK?"

The room falls silent for a moment before dad speaks again.

"You have a boyfriend and you didn't even tell us? So that's why you've been running off all the time"

"Yes now give me them back"

"Not until you apologize for yelling"

"IM NOT APOLOGIZING YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE APOLOGIZING"

"CONNOR MURPHY HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY"

"I CAN SPEAK TO YOU HOW EVER I WANT"

"THATS IT. IM KEEPING THESE LETTERS AND YOURE NOT ALLWED TO SEE EVAN EVER AGAIN"

Dad leaves with the letters in his hand, I hear him slam his room door. Mom walks back over to sit next to me.

"Connor I heard what happened... you know I'm always here if-"

I cut her off. "WELL WHAT IF I DON'T WANT YOU HERE RIGHT NOW? JUST GO AWAY"

She sighs and walks to her room, I can already hear her yelling at dad but I don't care anymore. I look over at the coffee table, on top of it some empty notebook paper and a pen, I grab them. I start writing.

Dear Zoe,
Dad says I can't see Evan ever again, if I'm just gonna be stuck here living a miserable life then what's the point of living anymore. Thank you for trying to take care of me Zo, it really means a lot and I am going to miss you. Tell my friends that too, even Jared. Tell mom and dad that I love them, even though it doesn't seem like it most of the time. As for Evan, I hope he had a good day back after his suspension, I'd hate for him to be hurting. I know my death will hurt him but it would be worse for us to live with separation forever. Tell Evan I love him and I will never stop loving him. Tell him that I'll be waiting for him in heaven. You can find me below the Willow Creek Bridge. I guess this is my final goodbye. I'll be waiting for you in heaven.

Sincerely,
Me.

I leave the letter folded up on the couch. I run out of the house, careful not to slam the door behind me. I run as fast as my feet will take me, I feel as if I'm flying to heaven. My feet carry me to the Willow Creek Bridge, I stop and look down at the water below me, I stand on the sides of the bridge just starring down at the depths of the water.

3....2....1

I push my feet off the bridge, I'm flying through the air for what feels like eternity but is really only a few seconds. My body finally hits the water with a big splash, I am instantly soaked. I hear the water bubbles bubble around me as I try to catch my breath but I don't reach the surface, I don't want to. Soon the world around me darkens and all I'm left with is darkness.