♞ [37] Final Battle PT.2 ♞

Shin stood up immediately and expertly went and tried to jab Azul in the stomach. Azul jumped up high and back flipped away from the weapon.

Azul sent Shin a cocky grin, angering Shin even more.

"You little prick! Quit acting so tough! I taught you everything you know!" Shin, kept his glowering expression set on him while remaining in his stance.

"Your mistake," Azul said, appearing behind Shin and kicking him in the back, forcing Shin fall forward.

"Tch! How about I do this then?!" Shin raced towards Azusa about to stab him in the chest.

Azul, who had not thought twice about Shin attacking someone else, panicked and teleported next Azusa. He did his best to push him out of the way, however, the blade barely grazed their skin. The demonic flames on the sword left severe burns on the arms and, ripped some of their clothing out. Damn. Demonic flames were definitely the worst kind of flames.

"I'm sorry Azul-kun..." Azusa looked at him solemnly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hn. Don't worry about it." Azusa brought his hand up to ruffle his hair, but, stopped in pain from the burn. He winced from the pain.

"Quit being a fucking crybaby! At least you're not bleeding out right now!" Ayato said as Reiji bandaged his arm.

"You don't want to lose that arm Ayato, you need to take it easy," Reiji said, glaring at the boy who was restless under his care.

"But (Y/n)! I need to get her-"

"Shut the hell up Ayato," Laito said.

"You dare tell Ore-sama to shut up?!"

Laito rolled his eyes and looked at Ayato who sat on the floor with an injury.

"I'll fight. Don't even bother with trying, because you'll just end up dying. I'm not going to let you be an idiot like the last time we were against the founders." Laito said, as serious as ever. Ayato met his gaze for a moment before scoffing and turning away.

"All of you need to stop having side conversations and focus on the battle that's happening in front of you!" Kanato burst, throwing a vase at Carla who was up against Yuma and Shu at the moment. Carla swung his sword and shattered the vase into shards.

"The bipolar child is right guys," Kou said, trying to avoid a swing from Carla.

Yuma jumped backward and ducked below Carla's blade. The blue flame burned short little hairs at the top of his ponytail, and he muttered curses. Shu took this chance and stabbed a silver dagger in Carla's back.

"Gah!" Carla fell forward.

He coughed violently until he started to cough out blood.

He wasn't coughing blood because of the knife.

He was coughing because of his illness.

"Nii-san! You're Endzeit is getting worse!" Shin appeared in front of Carla, standing defensively, glaring at the others.

"S-Shin...protect (Y/n) at all costs...don't let them get to her..."

Carla said weakly, barely able to stand.

Why now? Why did I my sickness have to kick in now at all times? He thought weakly, almost unable to keep his consciousness.

"Just give up Shin. You can't win this one." Azul said, narrowing his eyes at him.

Shin kept his stare strong and his head high, ready to throw an attack at them any moment.

"No! I won't give up! Like hell, I'll ever do that!" In his eyes, he held a familiar glint of determination. One that Azul often noticed in her.

"Gee, she really changed you that much?" Azul stepped closer to Shin, ignoring the searing burns on his skin.

"Shut up! You don't know what you're saying Azul!" Shin, darted forward, faster than lighting, slicing away at him.

Azul was tackled to the ground by Azusa, who held his normal expression.

"Thank's Azusa-kun." Azul smiled.

"You're welcome...:" Azusa stood up, not minding the pain he felt at all.

"Shin!" Carla cried out, Shin turned around and was stabbed in the arms multiple times with throwing knives.

"You really do have a good arm," Laito remarked to Shu.

"Hm? Yeah..." Shu replied shortly, feeling sleepy yet ready to finish this.

"Can you be any rougher?!" Ayato winced as Reiji placed ointment on the parts of his arm that got burned. Seems Ore-sama did know how to use sarcasm.

"Silence! This will help you!" Reiji scolded.

"Oi Subaru! You have crazy strength, go destroy those founders since I can't." Ayato commanded.

"Yeah, whatever." Subaru entered the battle.

"Looks like this will be ending a lot sooner than we thought," Yuma remarked, seeing that Shin was the only one who was able to fight at the moment.

Carla was half-conscious, on the ground.

"It'll be easier with this." Ruki walked into the room holding a demon blade. The hilt of the sword was an ashy-purple, with red jewels that looked like snake eyes, framing the bottom. The blade itself was a shiny-metallic-black, with a strip of red going down the side.

All this time no one had noticed he was gone.

"Where'd you get that?!" Kou asked.

"The founders just seemed to have one lying around," Ruki responded.

Shin was on guard, but he wouldn't be able to defend against all of them at once. Shu tossed multiple knives at him and he jumped to the right still on stance in front of Carla.

He panted, out of breath.

He knew there was no way he was winning like this.

"Urgh!" Kou kicked Shin from behind knocking him to the floor next the Carla who was down.

He looked up and was met with the demon blade inches from his neck. Ruki glared at him with his piercing steel gray eyes.

"It's over."