But who could that someone be? Had I let a person treat me like that or had I been abused somehow? Ugh. Making such hypotheses with nonexistent memories was more than frustrating.

I looked down at my fingers. Even if I did consider the unreasonable possibility of self-harm, my short-cut nails could never inflict such deep yet... delicate cuts.

Was it really nails though? If I didn't know any better, I'd think them to be–

No. I stopped this train of thought at once. It was ridiculous. I'd always loved reading fiction but I never actually confused it with reality. So why was I now?

My inner self responded instantly. Determined, I returned to my room once more and stared at the bedsheet. Those dark grey spots.

I wasn't paranoid. I'd seen the proof of my newly founded theories with my own eyes. I'd felt the sting –albeit dull– when I pressed a finger on my bloody wound. I'd smelled the arousal on that stain on my bed. I bet if I could lick it–

I stopped myself again. Quite unusually, my feelings were ahead of my thoughts. It was as though emotion was waiting for my mind to catch up. How disturbingly, incredibly... surreal.

Nearly all my senses had somehow urged me to look more into it. I didn't hate those signs of vulnerability. Neither the sharp claws nor the dark shade of cum repelled me. They excited me. After all, I was the one who kept writing and reading stories about monsters. Perhaps that was why I didn't feel violated. I only felt empty.

Yes. Emptiness was what scared me awake. If only I had one more clue...

Suddenly I heard a gentle female voice speaking inside my head: "You really look for a way to die, don't you?"

What was that?

I'd stopped wondering how any of this was possible but, nevertheless, I couldn't tame my fast heartbeats. Okay so now I'm also hearing things. Please let there be a good explanation about all this nonsense!

In any case, I didn't recognize that woman's voice. Whoever that was, I couldn't tell if she was disappointed or relieved.

Then I heard a voice again. But this time it was much, much different.

"If you were born in this world you'd be a demon."

Yet again, my feelings overcame my thoughts and my heart clenched.

A male voice. Had I... met its owner? That smart tone made me restless. But no man I remembered could make me shiver like that.

'Demon' he'd said...? What did those intriguing creatures have to do with anything?

My eyes flicked to the bed sheets. Oh.

"Don't even think of disobeying me."

It was him again. He sounded more demanding now and I could guess why.

"Speak to me again!" I aimlessly shouted and – almost involuntarily – my hand moved to touch the wounds on my hips. Was there any chance he was the man who had given me those? Was he a... demon?

"You filthy whore," he replied.

As soon as I gasped at his rage, I heard him once more.

"I'd tell you the same thing if I was sure about my sanity."

A tender, yet bitter tone. He didn't seem to be addressing me though. At least, not right now. I had a feeling that the words he'd spoken were... memories.

Dark Path to Heaven [Demon Romance]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें