Chapter 17: SMTOWN Live in Manila

Start from the beginning

[VTR playing: She made us proud being one of the artists under the top talent agency in Korea which is SMTown Entertainment. She is the 10th member of Girls’ Generation. She is definitely a Filipino who makes a name not only in Korea but also all over the world. Now, she’s here in the country to have a concert with her co-artists called SMTown Live in Manila.]

Boy: Mga Kapamilya, Ms. Jung Eunkyo from Girls’ Generation. Hi! Welcome back to the Philippines and welcome to Bandila.

Me: Salamat, Tito Boy. And thank you for inviting me here.

Boy: Are you nervous?

Me: Yes, of course. 

Boy: Ok. Let’s start with your story on how you discovered by SMTown.

Me: Actually, the CEO of SMTown and my dad are best friends. Because of my dream to become a famous star, my dad let me enroll in SM Academy for almost two years. Because of my excellent performance as a trainee, the CEO decided to launch me as a new member of Girls’ Generation.

Boy: Wow! That was awesome. So are you taking up Korean language classes?

Me: Yes but little by little, so that I can communicate with my Korean fans and celebrities.

Boy: What are your latest projects besides being active as a member of Girls’ Generation?

Me: Well, I will be having a debut in drama with some of SMTown artists. It’s a Korean version of a Taiwanese drama. And I’m also a VJ of MTV.

Boy: Do you have future plans? Or things that you want to do?

Me: Hmmm… Maybe a solo album or project unit; I want to work with BoA soon. Also I want to have a project here in the Philippines. It can be a drama or movie.

Boy: Who among famous Filipino celebrities that you want to work in a drama or movie?

Me: I have three men in mind: Jake Cuenca, Coco Martin, or John Lloyd Cruz.

Boy: Wow! Nice choices. Let’s talk about the songs sung by your group which is Girls’ Generation. What is your most favorite song from the group?

Me: Actually, it’s The Boys.

Boy: Can you sing few lines from that song?

Me: Ok. (sings) Girls’ Generation make you feel the heat, and we do it, and we can’t be beat. Bring the boys out! We’re born to win, better tell all your friends, ‘cause we get it in, you know the girls, bring the boys out!

Boy: WOW! Bravo, bravo!

Me: Thank you.

Boy: Let’s talk about love life because the people want to know if you are single or taken. Do you have a boyfriend?

Me: (thinks deeply) Ahm… Next question please?

Boy: (laughs) Oh, okay. We understand. Please invite the viewers to watch your concert.

Me: Yes. To all K-Pop fans, I’m inviting you all to watch SMTown Live in Manila. It’ll be held in SM Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City. That’s already on Sunday at 8pm.   

Boy: (looking at SMTown artists) And your co-artists are cheering.

Me: (laughs) Yes. All your favorite artists from SMTown will be performing: BoA, TVXQ, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x), EXO, and my group Girls’ Generation.

Boy: We are looking forward with your concert.

Me: Thank you.

Boy: Let’s do fast talk, okay?