Chapter 30

Tris was tired of seeing posts and receiving texts from those who did not truly care. Everyone claimed that they were 'praying for Caleb', but it was not real. She was glad more than anyone else that he was okay, but she had barely been able to talk to him since he woke up. Unsurprisingly, he was tired and acting insane because of the medication he was constantly having pumped into his body.

Caleb managed to tell Tris to leave him be and focus on track. She did not want to leave his side, but even he knew how important the state championships were for her. Graduation was impending, and she was hoping that he would be able to attend.

Everyone pitied her; At school, she was constantly receiving apologies from people she nor Caleb even knew. She had to smile and thank them, as she did not have a choice. She knew that soon everyone would forget and move on with their lives, like they did after her parents died.

Now she sat at home, laying in her bed, covered in blankets. Tris was exhausted, and she was happy to have a few moments of silence. She sighs when there is a knock on her door, and she tries to ignore it. Slowly the door opens and Uriah peaks his head in, "Why'd you ignore me?"

"Thought you'd go away," Tris smiles.

Uriah sits on the edge of her bed, and she sits up next to him, "You can't hide in here all night."

"Watch me," Tris sighs.

"I get it, you have a lot of shit going on," Uriah frowns, "You deserve a break. But I don't want you to sit alone the entire night."

Tris frowns at Uriah and turns to look at him, "Fine. If you want me to leave, I'll do it."

Uriah smirks at her and jumps up, "We are going back to my house."

"So we can just sit there instead?" Tris asks.

"No, God, do you even know me?" Uriah rolls his eyes. He grabs Tris's hand and pulls her up, "Go brush your hair, you are a mess."

Tris punches his arm and walks away.

Uriah does not talk much as he drives toward his house. He was afraid he would give up his plan, and staying silent was his best option. Only Zeke and Christina knew what he was up to, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"We have to stop and get food," Uriah speaks up, "I'm starving."

"You always are," Tris mumbles.

When they arrive at his house, a frown finds its way to Tris's face, "I'm not going in there. Not with him. I haven't talked to him, and I do not want to."

"Tris, I didn't even know he was here!" Uriah lies, "He's probably here to see Zeke."

Tris crosses her arms and sighs, "Can I pretend he isn't there?"

"Whatever floats your boat," Uriah shrugs, "But you did date him."

Uriah practically drags Tris into the house, and she stares at her feet as soon as she enters the same room as Tobias. He sat across from Zeke, and he glares at the brothers as soon as Tris walks in. Christina sat on the other side of the room, trying to hide the smirk on her face.

"I brought pizza," Uriah grins. Christina stands up and walks over to Tris, who grabs her arm and pulls her out of the room.

"Take me home," Tris frowns.

"No," Christina replies, "You have to get over him!"

"That's obviously not the plan," Tris sighs, "Why else would you be here right now? What are you going to do? Lock us in a room together until we make up?"