Chapter 10

Of course, Zeke and Tobias's commitment to Penn State called for another party. Zeke and Uriah were the biggest party animals, anyway.

"So you guys aren't like 'boyfriend-girlfriend'?" Christina asks.

"We aren't anything," Tris responds as she brushes her wet hair, "We kissed. And we used to hook up. So what?"

"So everything!" Lynn exclaims. They all give her a weird look, considering she usually didn't care about boy problems, "Tell him to stop being a little bitch. You two need to grow up and tell each other how you feel."

"Yes, she'll just say 'Hey Four! You're a bitch and I love you!' Because obviously that will work," Shauna rolls her eyes as she straightens her hair. Marlene was eating popcorn while doing her makeup and Christina was fighting with Lynn over doing her makeup.

"I don't know what to think. He's Four, you know how he is," Tris sighs, "He's afraid of caring too much."

"I think you're too good for him, but that's just my opinion," Marlene shrugs and throws a piece of popcorn at Tris.

Tris had so many things going on in her life, so her relationship status was the least of her worries. Caleb was being an asshole as usual, Peter and Drew were tormenting her from a distance, and she was stressed about college.

"I don't care right now," Tris frowns, "I'm not in the right mind for that right now. Whatever happens, happens I guess."

Uriah and Zeke's party was sort of Christmas themed. Today was their last day of school before Christmas break, and exactly a week before Tobias and Zeke left for Pennsylvania.

"I get why you don't want things to go fast, because of you know who," Christina shrugs, "You can do you, but I'm not going to be afraid of sex too."

"I'm not afraid of sex!" Tris exclaim, "I'm just not as... careless as I used to be."

"I wouldn't blame you if you were, but I would tell you to get over it," Shauna smiles.

"Can we not talk about this?" Tris asks, "I love you guys. I tell you everything. But nothing has happened yet, and you'll know if it does."

"Fair enough," Lynn responds and slaps Christina's hand away from her face.

Tris is, of course, freezing as soon as she walks out of the house. Christina and Shauna forced her to wear some ridiculous getup, claiming that she looks hot. They shoved her into a tight black long sleeve shirt, a black mini skirt, and black over the knee boots. She wanted to wear a sweater and leggings, but they almost had a heart attack when she said so. Her hair was in a sleek ponytail, her long hair falling down her back, and Christina made her sit in a chair for almost an hour to get her makeup done. Tris, Marlene, and Lynn all thought it was excessive, but they didn't dare fight Christina or Shauna on the matter.

Now they were walking into Zeke and Uriah's house. Uriah met them at the door, lifting his girlfriend off of her feet and kissing her.

"Uh, move," Lynn shoves her way past them, the other girls following. It was reasonably crammed already, and Tris fought her way through the crowd. She managed to make it into a less crowded room, and as she turns the corner she runs straight into someone's chest.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?" A familiar voice grumbles. She looks up at the smirking face and slaps his chest.

"Shut up," Tris smiles up at Tobias, "So Four, this is all for you."

"Not really my thing anymore. I was half forced here. But I wanted to see you," He smiles, "And I'm glad I came."

"I feel like a clown," Tris frowns as they walk, "I have on so much makeup."