Chapter 26

"So, you committed?" Will asks. Tris was finally in a good mood again, and she managed to forget about Tobias for a few minutes.

"I'm going to Penn State," Tris smiles, "Zeke almost crushed me in a hug when I told him."

"Even with the Four situation?" Christina asks, and she quickly realizes she should have kept her mouth shut, "I mean, don't you hate the cold?"

"I don't care about it, at least not right now," Tris frowns.

Much to her surprise, and everyone else's who was standing with her, Lauren walks up with a worrier look on her face. She usually avoided Tris; The two used to be best friends, but they had a huge fight when they were freshmen.

"Can I talk to you?" Lauren asks quietly. Tris found it odd for her not to be surrounded by her fellow cheerleaders, so she agrees and walks away from her friends, "I don't want to start drama, but I saw Four and your cousin show up together, and she was touching him, and they were arguing about not telling you something."

Tris wasn't sure why Lauren was so concerned with telling her about this, considering she was, or at least used to be, one of the many girls that was practically in love with Tobias.

Tris frowns, and her arms drop to her sides, "Thank you. It means a lot."

"And Tris," Lauren says as Tris is about to walk away, "I'm sorry that I lied, way back when."

"It doesn't matter now, I'm over it," Tris smiles.

Tris and Uriah sat at the table at the diner, waiting for their friends to show up. Zeke had driven them, and then went to get Shauna. They were only freshmen, so they were stuck begging Zeke to drive them everywhere.

"I can't believe you have a crush on Four," Uriah laughs at Tris. Her cheeks were bright red, and she had a scowl on her face.

"I do not!" She exclaims, "And do not bring this up in front of Christina! She'll embarrass me."

"Well lucky for you, he is coming," Uriah smirks. Tris rolls her eyes, but on the inside she was incredibly excited. Slowly, their friends make their way in, and Lauren and Christina were the last to show up. It was only Uriah, Tris, Christina, Zeke and his girlfriend Shauna, Lauren, and someone had also managed to drag Four along.

Tris lied to Uriah, but she knew he didn't believe her. She had a major crush on Four, despite his behavior toward her. He was an asshole, but he was hot. The only person she told was Lauren, and she assumed Christina already knew.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Lauren smiles at Tris. She nods and her friend gets up and leaves the table. A few minutes later, Four excuses himself to take a phone call. Tris was distracted by Uriah and Zeke arguing, but she realized eventually that Lauren had been gone for a while. She gets up to go find her, just Incase something was wrong. She knocks on the door of the bathroom, since it was a single person bathroom. When there is no answer, she opens the door.

"Oh my god," Tris says in shock. Four smirks at the two girls and lets go of Lauren, brushing past Tris to leave, "Were you two just... oh my god!"

Lauren looks at Tris guilty, but Tris turns and walks away. She grabs her phone and jacket and tells the group that her parents wanted her home. She walks home alone, hurt and betrayed.

Tris finds her way to her next class, Uriah at her side. Usually, she sat next to Tobias in her Anatomy class, but Uriah took his seat before he showed up. The bell rings and Tobias walks in, late like he always was. He frowns when he sees Uriah in his seat, but he sits in the front of the room instead.