Chapter 17

Tris refused to call Tobias back. She wouldn't be able to talk to him without making him worried, and he had enough on his mind. She texted him and said she couldn't talk, and that she'd see him soon, but that was the extent of it.

Now she sat in a dreary doctor's office with her mom, who was typing away at her phone. Tris stared at the floor. She had nothing to say to anyone. She made a mistake, and she hurt herself because she couldn't handle the pain she was already in. She knew it didn't make much sense, but at the time it helped her forget.

When the doctor called them in, he asked her a million and one questions that she barely wanted to answer. Her mother claimed that she needed to go back on her medication, but Tris did not make a comment.

In the end, she ended up needing to take it again. She didn't want to, but she knew her mom would force her to.

Tris wanted to leave already. She could barely wait to get on the plane with Uriah and just forget about Chicago for a little while. The city was driving her insane, and so was everything else in it.

Uriah and Tris had to wake up very early to get to the airport. The week leading up to their trip was boring, and Tris felt a lot better than she did in the beginning of the week, but she believes that it is just her body going back to normal, not the dumb medication her mother forced her to take.

Uriah had to drag her along. She barely wanted to get out of bed, let alone walk through an entire airport and go through security.

Now they were almost there, and she was jumping with anticipation. Uriah and Tris played games on their phones the entire flight, except when he was stuffing his face full of snacks.

Uriah was finally able to run and lift again. He healed quickly, and he was already back into way better shape. He was happy, and he was happy that Tris was happy. She was too good and caring for the cruel world, and he couldn't stand seeing her upset.

The two of them were going to meet Zeke, Tobias, and their mother at the hotel. The boys had gotten half of the day off, considering the game was the next day. They had to prepare for it, and make sure they were well rested.

Tris watches out the window as Uriah talks the Uber drivers ear off. The air was warm, and she was happy to be away from the freezing temperatures of Chicago.

Her jaw almost drops when they walk into the hotel. It was amazing, and obviously expensive. The two make their way to the elevator and push the button for the fifteenth floor.

"Aren't you excited?" Uriah smiles and puts his arm around Tris.

"Very," She grins, "And I'm excited for this weather."

The elevator door opens and they get out, searching the hallway for room 282. Uriah is about to knock, just to make sure it was the right room, when the door opens.

"Trissy!" Zeke exclaims and hugs her. She smiles, but feels like she's being squished to death.

"Wow," Uriah frowns, "Just ignore me."

They walk in and Uriah greets his mom. Tris sets her stuff down and shivers, "It's freezing in here."

"Of course you think that," Tobias smiles and walks up to her, "I missed you."

She hugs him and grabs her sweatshirt, throwing it on, "It is!"

He kisses her cheek, then her lips, and Zeke says, "Ew. Too much PDA."

"Shush," Mrs. Pedrad says to her son.

Shauna was coming, but she somehow ended up on a different flight than them.