Chapter 6

For the entire week, Tris and Four heard whispers about each other in the hallway. Most of the bad things were said about Tris, how she was desperate after her messy relationship with Peter. Four as praised for getting yet another girl, which he knew was wrong. The two didn't talk much, avoiding each other in the hallway and gazing longingly when they thought no one was looking.

Tris ran away from her problems, literally. She had meets all throughout the week and she got first in them all. The burning feeling in her legs and lungs distracted her from the drama that was dragging her down, and running cleared her mind.

Today, she left school early so she could go home and relax. Christina, Marlene, and Lynn joined her, and they all went for coffee right after they left school.

They went in Tris's car, since they'd all be going back to the school for the game later. She drove in silence, but Christina turned on the radio and began to sing along when it got too awkward.

"Avoiding the issue isn't gonna make it go away," Lynn blurts out.

Tris looks in her rear view mirror and sighs, "Tell me something I don't know."

Meanwhile, Four was in the gym, lifting. He wanted to clear his mind. He was pissed because of the comments he'd been receiving all week.

"Dude, we have a game today, you're gonna be sore," Uriah frowns as he walks in. Four sets down the dumbbell and looks at him.

"I really don't care," he scowls.

"Whatever. But when we lose because you couldn't throw the god damn ball, then I don't wanna hear it," Uriah responds, "I get you're stressed out with the college shit... and the shit about Tris, but no need to be such an ass."

Four had been receiving offers to play football in college, but he wasn't even sure  what he wanted to do with his life. He gets up and walks over to Uriah, their faces level, "Do not talk about her. Do not come in here and make assumptions."

"You may scare most people, but not me," Uriah crosses his arms.

They both look away when the door flies open and Eric walks in, "Woah, did I interrupt something?"

Eric was by far the worst person they knew. He was ten times worse than Peter Hayes. Four was convinced he was on something, considering the fact that he looked like a thirty year old man and not an eighteen year old high school student. Eric and Four were at each other's necks constantly.

"Fuck off," Four frowns.

"Jeez, I didn't do anything!" Eric exclaims, "Just wanted to see what all the ruckus was in here."

"Oh it's nothing, just trying to get through Four's thick skull," Uriah shrugs and walks out, "Later."

Four pushes past Eric and stomps into the locker room. He can't figure out why this girl was getting to him so much. He needed to let it all go.

Despite her protests, Tris's friends dragged her to the football game. She didn't even like football, she only went to see her friends. This time, she'd be focusing more on Uriah and Zeke.

The game was boring. The other team sucked, so nothing really eventful happened except for a big win on their half. At the end of the night, after the multiple pictures with Uriah and their other friends, Tris finally is able to make her way to her car, but at the last second, she turns and makes her way into the school.

The hallways are dark, the sound of her footsteps echoing as she walked. Tris eventually found herself back in the now-emptied parking lot, when she heard footsteps approaching her. Before she could turn and look, a few pairs of hands grabbed her, going over her mouth and holding her in place. She fought back, kicking and biting as they dragged her into the back of some kind of van.