Chapter 19

"Valentine's Day is in a week," Christina smiles, "And you guys don't have plans?"

"No, we just haven't talked about it," Tris shrugs, "Valentine's Day is pointless anyways."

"Is not! Gosh Tris," Christina rolls her eyes, "You Guys should come with Will and I. Ya know, a double date?"

"Chris, I don't know if that's a good idea," Tris frowns.

"Why not?" Christina exclaims as she walks toward Tris, who sat on her bed.

"Because Valentine's Day is overrated and I don't want us to interrupt you two," Tris says. She was wary of the idea, not only because she didn't like Valentine's Day, but because she had no idea what Tobias would say.

"Pleeeeeeease," Christina whines. Tris crosses her arms.

"Fine, I'll talk to Four," She says reluctantly. Christina smiles immediately, knowing that again she won.

"I have to find you and I something to wear, we have to think of our hair and our makeup-" Christina starts to ramble, but Tris cuts her off.

"I didn't even say yes yet," She sighs.

"You said maybe, and maybe is always a yes," Christina smirks. Tris knew that Christina knew her too well for her own good. She could convince her to do anything because she always knew how she'd respond.

"Uh, I don't know about that," Tobias frowns. Tris asked him about going with Christina and Will, but he was quite hesitant.

"Please? I don't wanna go, but Chris really want us to," Tris sighs, "Just one time. One thing, for me?"

Tobias stares at her, his blue eyes cold, but in a way comforting to her, "Fine. One time."

"Thank you!" Tris exclaims, "Gosh, I owe you one."

Tobias sighs and watches her as she drives. They had just gone out to breakfast with Uriah and Zeke, like they had been every Sunday for a while. Tris wanted to spend as much time with the four of them before Tobias and Zeke left for good.

She was surprised that Tobias agreed. He never really wanted to do a lot of stuff like that. He was bad at expressing his emotions, so he pretended like he didn't have any.

Tris drops Tobias off at his house, but he was going to leave anyway to go go the gym. She wanted to run, but she was still sore from going the night before.

Valentine's Day was five days away. Tris despised the holiday, she thought it was a waste of money and pointless, but if she tried to back out of her plans with Christina, she'd be in for a real fight. Christina loved things like Valentine's Day and cheesy romantic movies, and she was the complete opposite of her best friend in that way.

When Tris gets home, she helps her mom clean up around the house, then she gets into bed and watches Netflix, and she loses track of time. Around seven at night, she wakes up to her phone ringing. She wipes her eyes, which were still heavy with sleep, and sighs. She would have a hard time sleeping later in the night.

Tris is about to answer when her phone stops ringing. Tobias was calling her, and she decides that if it was important he'd call her back. She drags herself to the bathroom to get a shower, and her body feels too heavy for her feet to carry.

Her week consisted of the usual. Running, tests, homework, hanging with her friends, but now it was Friday, and Tris was just trying to make it through the day. Her mood had been positive lately, but she felt like it was bound to go away at any given moment.

Tris is walking down the hallway alone, on her way to her locker, when someone taps her on the shoulder. She whips around and sees Eric, and she sighs, "What?"