Chapter 13

None of them wanted to tell Uriah. They felt guilty thinking about it. The entire night, after Marlene left, they were mostly silent.

Uriah was too happy, too good to them all, and Tris knew that he'd be heartbroken. He was getting out of the hospital today, a day early, and since Marlene wouldn't return any of their calls or even his calls, he asked Tris to come take him home with his mother.

Tris never understood cheating. She didn't understand how someone could hurt another person so badly, despite the fact they used to love the person. Cheating was cruel, and she'd rather be dumped in front of a hundred people than cheated on.

She drove silently, and jumped when her phone started to ring over her car speakers. She answered the phone without looking at the name, "Hello?"

"Tris," Tobias's soothing voice says, "I won't be able to talk much this week. I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay."

"I'm... okay," She sighs, "Are you alone? I mean, is Zeke with you?"

"No, but I'm not alone," He laughs, "Is something wrong?"

"You can not tell Zeke what I'm about to tell you," She frowns, even though he can not see her, "Marlene cheated on Uriah. He doesn't know. She told us last night. How could she do that to him?"

The phone was silent for a few moments, but then Tobias says, "What the fuck? He loves her so much."

"I know. He's getting out today, I'm going there now," Tris says, "I can't tell him. I can't do that to him."

"She should, She's the one who did it," Tobias says flatly, "I have to go. I'll talk to you as soon as I can."

"Goodbye, Tobias. Good luck with everything," She smiles faintly.

"Goodbye Tris."

Tris slowly leads Uriah into his house with his mother. He was still in a lot of pain, but he pushed through it with a smile on his face.

"Thank god!" Uriah exclaims as he steps into the house, "My own bed! My fridge! My TV!"

Tris laughs at him as he sits down on the coach, relaxing into the cushions.

"I'm gonna get fat," Uriah frowns, "I can't lift. I can't run. Shit."

"You can run with me when you're healed," Tris smiles.

"No thanks. I won't keep up, and I can't run that far," Uriah frowns.

Tris smiles sadly at the boy, but he is oblivious. No one had heard from Marlene, and no one really wanted to. She was their friend, but mostly because she was dating Uriah. Never in a million years did any of them think that she would hurt such a loving boy, but they were all wrong. Tris didn't know if she should tell him, or force Marlene to admit it herself.

"You okay?" Uriah asks, his head tilted.

"Just happy That you're okay," Tris sighs. The last of her family left this morning, and she was glad. She loved Nita, but the rest of them got on her nerves easily.

"I'm bored. Without Zeke I feel so... useless," Uriah shrugs.

"You two have never been apart this long," Mrs. Pedrad laughs from across the room.

"Wanna play Call Of Duty with me?" Uriah asks, reaching for his Xbox remote.

"You're going down," Tris smirks, "I'm the best at this stuff."

"Actually, you suck," Uriah shrugs.

Tris did suck and she knew it. She just wanted to make him happy, and she wanted to keep it that way forever. She felt guilty for something she didn't even do.