Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Steve's Pov:

Four Hours passed before a nurse escorted me to Casey's room. She was obviously in a foul mood. She was bandaged from head to toe and the gauze wrap was red. The first thing I did was stare at her with my mouth agape. What she said, well, didn't really surprise me. "What the heck are you staring at?" I looked away and she coughed. "Hey, I wasn't done talking to you!" I looked back at her and she looked very angry. I approached her and moved the cart of sharp utensils away from her. "What are- oh, no matter. They won't tell me what's going on! Tell me before I wring you're scrawny little neck!" I eyed her from a distance.

"They think you're crazy."

"What, that's ridiculous! They should already know that!" I laughed and she hit the button that calls a nurse... about 50 times. A nurse came in.

"Yes?" She said in a tone filled with sarcasm and hatred.

"What the heck is wrong with me? I want answers and I want them now!:" She yelled. The nurse stepped out of the room.

"OH DOCTOR HEARTBREAKER!!!!!!" The nurse chick yelled. The old doctor guy entered the room and nurse rudeness left.

"Yes?" He asked. Unlike the nurse, his voice was considerate and caring.

"What's wrong with me? And just to let you know, unless it can hurt other people or I am not in the right mind to think, I WILL be leaving before tonight." He nodded and sat on a chair.

"We thought you had a disease called schizophrenia, and we tested you, but you were negative. You just have a VEERRRYYY... horrifying imagination." Casey's mouth fell open.

"So you stabbed me with 500 needles to find nothing was wrong?!" She yelled.

"No. You went into cardiac arrest and died. And then you came back to life. There is something very wrong with that. But we don't know what and no other symptoms are here, so I guess we'll release you than." He began to play with his chair as if there wasn't anything better to do.

"Oh no, SIR, you don't need to release me. I'm already leaving!" She stood up and fell face first on the floor. I picked her up. "OWW!"

"Oh, you're going to be sore for a couple more hours. I wouldn't suggest walking till tomorrow morning." Said the doctor.

"That would have been nice to know before hand!" She yelled. I was holding Casey bridal style and it must have been at the same time we both noticed all she was wearing was a night gown thing. "Where are my clothes?" She asked the doctor.

"Right over there." He pointed at a trash bag. I picked it up and he continued. "There is no way you will be able to get dressed by yourself."

"Like heck I can't!" She shouted. "Steve, put me on the bed. Everyone out." The doctor stood. Steve placed me on the bed.

"At least have your fiancee here just in case you need help... or me." The doctor said. I liked that idea. Casey, on the other hand.

"Whatever." The doctor walked out and closed the door. "Turn around, if I catch you peek, I will shave off all of you're hair and wreck your car. Oh, wait, you already did that!" I turned around and I Casey spoke again. "I need help unwrapping the gauze." I turned around and ran to the side of her bed.

"Where does it begin?" I asked.

"I think at my head." I began unwrapping it and got to her left arm before she said anything. "STOP!" She yelled. I let go, thinking she was hurt. "I can take it from here." I silently cursed myself and turned around.

After five minutes of staring at a wall, she finally sighed in defeat. "I hate pants!" She yelled. I laughed and turned around, covering my eyes, just in case.

"Do you need help?" I cooed.

"No, I NEED new pants. I NEED a chocolate milkshake. I NEED a hug and a box of tissues. I DO NOT NEED help." I nodded.

"Give me five minutes and I can get you all of those things." I said before running from the room.

CASEY'S POV:

He was right. Nine minutes and 56 seconds passed before Steve was back. He carried a big black bag and set it at the foot of my crappy hospital bed. He sat down next to me. I had covered myself up with a blanket. "Okay." He pulled something black from a bag. "First things first. A clean pair of black pants." He handed me a pair of long cotton sweat pants. He turned around and I slid them on Very carefully. The doctor had wiped all of the blood off from the needles and stuff while Steve was gone. I looked good as new.

Next, Steve handed me a large cup. "Chocolate milkshake ala mcdonalds." He said. I took a big sip and leaned against the back of the bed. "And lastly," He scooted up next to me and handed me a box of tissues. "A hug." His arms encircled me and I pulled. back. I slapped in the face and kissed him like there was no tomorow.

VOTE!!! And for Xloverx ... they kissed.