Chapter Forty seven

This chapter is dedicated to _MissMisfit14_ mujhse_shaadi_karlo

Rahat's point of view :

There was no inhaler. I searched her purse thoroughly but none. Soha's heavy breathing scared me.

"Soha, look at me." I held her hands in mine. "Hey, hey." She looked at me with wide eyes.

"I can't breathe." She whispered.

"It's okay, you're okay." I tapped on her cheeks a few times. "It's alright, babe. You're just hyperventilating." I said, wiping my sweaty temple.

I was scared to death. I didn't know anyone here. I didn't know their language or anything. I was sweating as I was panicking inside. But I decided to handle the situation calmly for her sake.

"Keep your eyes open, and breathe through your nose."

To my surprise, she listened to me. Soha tried to breathe through her nose instead of her mouth. And that seemed to calm her down a little.

"Take a deep breath." Soha did as told, still shaking a little. "Now let it out."

"Let's do it again." I did it with her just to help her with the situation. A few minutes later, her breathing pattern turned almost normal again. But her eyes still quivered.

"Feeling better?" I asked, moving my thumbs on the back of her palms in a massaging motion. She nodded slowly, but turned her head away.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked softly.

"Sorry you had to see all that." Soha snifflled. "I didn't mean to break down in front of you."

"Don't worry bout it."

My legs were going numb from kneeling for so long. So, moving myself closer, I took a seat beside her.

"You wanna talk bout it?"

"Not really."

"If you wanna talk, I'm here for you."

I wondered what it was all about. But I knew better than to pry on her life. We stayed like that for a few minutes, not talking at all while our shoulders touched once in a while.

"It's not fair." Soha mumbled.

"What is?"

"That she blames me for ammu's death. How could she think that I killed my own mother?" Her eyes got watery once again.

I had no idea why it felt so painful to see her cry silently like this. It was more than sympathy that you'd feel watching someone crying. It was definitely something more than that. I felt so sad and enraged at the same time. I wanted to kill that woman for making her cry like this. 

"I don't know what happened to your mother or why that woman thinks like that." I looked at her eyes. " But I know that you're not to be blamed for that."

"You know what, I think she's right. It is my fault that my mother, her sister isn't alive anymore."

"Soha! No, it's not-"

"I had broken up with my boyfriend of two years at that time. I was having hard time dealing with it. You know how it gets- crying, sleeping all day long or moping in a corner and all that." Soha looked at me briefly.

Even though I'd never experienced breakups, I still nodded as if I knew what she was talking about. 

"One night ammu forced me to come out of the house, and drove us to a famous ice cream parlour. We talked about a lot of things. She told me about her relationship with abbu. She also told me that I'd find my true love one day. We had so much fun." Soha smiled a bit, remembering the happy moments. As her smile faded, I dreaded what was coming next.

"As we were returning home, one drunk truck driver hi- hit our car, and managed to run away. I was the less injured one with two broken ribs and left hand. Maybe because the truck came from her side." Soha's eyes were downcast as her lips trembled. 

"It was my fault. I should've been dead instead of her."

"Ssshh. . ." I put a finger on her lips. "It's not your fault. It was that driver's fault. So, don't ever blame yourself, okay?"

I embraced her in a hug. I let her cry this time because she needed to let it out. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for her to carry this guilt around when it wasn't her fault in the first place. I patted her back slowly as I hugged her. It was devastating to watch her hurting so much! But I felt like she just wanted to be held in silence, so I did just that.

*******************************

We were seated side by side, my arm still draped over her shoulder. And just then her stomach rumbled. That washed away the awkwardness as we erupted into laughter. It was three p.m in the afternoon and we still hadn't had lunch.

Soha's gaze stopped at my jacket. As I followed her gaze, I saw some wet patches here and there. Obviously, tear stains, and most probably her snot too.

"I'm sorry, I ruined your jacket." Soha seemed embarrassed as she took out a napkin from her purse. "Throw it away. I'll buy you a new one."

"It's alright. You don't have to." I chuckled, watching her trying to remove the stains. "Let's go home."

   ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Soha's point of view :

"Send some tea to the patio. Thanks." I told the maid as I left the kitchen. No one else was home, so Rahat and I decided to eat at the guest house. After all the emotional turmoil I went through today, I wanted to stay at home now. But Rahat beat me to it. He asked if we could spend the rest of the day at home, and I happily agreed.

  How does he know what's on my mind? 

I brought some of the photo albums out to show him my childhood.

"Okay, so this is me when I first learnt to ride a bike." I said, pointing at a picture. "And this one was taken when my first milk tooth came out." I knew he was suppressing his laughter, but I decided not to comment on that.

There was a picture of me in a monkey costume. It made him laugh so hard.

"Oh my god! You look so funny!"

"Shut up. It was for the school drama, okay." My honest confession seemed more funny to him.  He laughed again, placing a hand on his belly. Rolling my eyes, I took the picture out of the album.

"Hey, let me see it one more time." Rahat tried to take it from me. But I held at away from him.

"No."

"Let me see it."

"So that you can laugh at my face? No way I'm giving it back to you."

This time I moved a bit away from him,still holding the picture above us. He leaned towards me, trying to grab it.

His face got so close to mine that I could feel his breath. I tried to ignore the way my heart pounded when I looked into his big brown eyes. His intense gaze made me gulped nervously. I bit my lower lip, not knowing what to do or say at the moment. Rahat looked at my lips and then straight into my eyes. 

I followed his gaze, and did exactly the same. Rahat put his hands on either side of my face. I shivered with anticipation. He slowly closed the gap between us by pressing his lips to mine.

A/n : Yeeeeeeeep. My first ever kiss. . . I mean writing a kiss scene. I'm very nervous to see you guys' reaction.

How was it?

Please do vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter.