Chapter Forty six

A/ n : Naani means maternal grandma. Frequent pov changing ahead. sorry guys. :(

Rahat's point of view :

I opened my eyes, and found myself lying on a completely unfamiliar bed . I rubbed my eyes to get a better look at the room. It was quite a big one with white and grey walls, and a twin size bed. There was a dressing table on the left with my luggage beside it.

          The guest house!

I was at the guest house. We came home really late last night.  I was too tired to change my clothes. So, I just went into the room and fell asleep.

After taking a shower, I came out of the bathroom, and clothed myself. Someone knocked on the bedroom door. I looked at the clock. It was only seven am.

Who could it be this early in the morning?

"Coming." I, hurriedly walked to the door, trying to put on a tee.

"Good morning, sir." A middle aged man, wearing an apron stood infront of me.

"Morning."

"I'm chef Masud. Mrs. Haider sent me here to cook for you. I heard you're Indian. I specialise in Indian cuisine."

I was quite baffled to see the man. It was really considerate of Mrs. Haider to send him.

"Thank you so much! But I don't thin-" 

"Mrs. Haider also said that you can join them for breakfast if you want to."

"Okay, thanks."

I'd rather eat with them than by myself.

I walked into the dining hall, and found Mrs. Haider setting the table.

"Good morning, dear." Mrs. Haider said, looking up from the cutlery set.

"Good morning, ma'am." I replied with a smile.

"You can call me khala like the rest of the kids do. Ma'am makes me feel old." Mrs. Haid- khala went around the table pouring juices into glasses.

"Okay." I nodded. "Thank you for sending the chef to the guest house. It was really generous of you."

"Pass me the syrup please." Khala gestured at the bottle of maple syrup. I handed the bottle over to her. "It was Soha who asked me to send him."

A few minutes later, I heard someone coming downstairs while talking quite loudly with another person. It was Soha, talking to someone on her cellphone.

"No, no. I can't-" Soha shook her head. I chuckled as she frowned a little, after failing to convince the  person.

Her frown vanished, and a smile etched on her lips as soon as she looked at me.

"Hey. Good morning." Soha whispered. I greeted back with a smile of my own.

"No, I wasn't talking to you." She returned to her conversation. "I'm not going anywhere near your place. I fired your sister last night, and now you want me to be there?" Soha asked the person who was  on the other side of the phone.

They spoke some bengali which obviously I didn't understand. Soha hanged up after a while. Khala came back from the kitchen with more pancakes. I took a seat opposite of them.

"Who was that?" Khala asked her.
"Shimul. She wants me to go to her engagement party." Soha huffed.

"And Like every other time, you don't want to go there?"