Chapter seven

Mahzabin's pov

When I woke up in the morning, it was already 7am. My mind was very satisfied recalling the previous night's action. I got Soha to agree with the Facebook account thing.

Although my brain was satisfied that the most hard part of the mission was accomplished. My heart was unwilling to go along with the idea. It felt like I was betraying her trust. But I was helpless. I didn't have any choices either.

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat which formed as I saw my best friend sleeping beside me. After talking heart to heart last night, we opened the account on fb. It was rare thing to sleep in her room.

I usually slept in the guest room whenever I crashed here which was often. So I had clothes and other necessary stuff in the guest room.

Last night was one of those rare moments when soha told me that I could sleep in her room. So, I did. After watching her child like features which only showed when she slept, I couldn't tolerate my ever growing guilt. So I scarpered from the room silently. I could only pray that whatever I was planning to do, it may bring her good. My silent prayer got interrupted by the shrill beeping of my cell phone, indicating that I had a text.

Soha's pov

After waking up the first thing I noticed was the left side of the bed was empty. A ray of sunlight came through the window which she must have left open.

Another day of emptiness!

Rolling out of the bed I walked towards the closet. I picked out one pair of faded blue jeans with royal blue colored half sleeved tunic, and a stole which was white in color.

After freshening up and changing, I headed downstairs to get something for breakfast. As I got near the dining hall, I heard some whispers. It was almost 8:30 in the morning. I thought everyone must have left for work or something.

But when I entered the dining hall, I was proved wrong. Abbu, Mahi and khala, three of them were present there, and in such a serious mood as if they were discussing something important.

Mahzabin was saying something in a low voice and khala was nodding at her. Abbu was looking at Mahi with a concerned face. I had no desire to listen whatever or whoever they were discussing about. So I faked a cough only to make my presence known.

All of them looked startled for a moment as if they were trying to decipher if I heard anything or not, but soon recovered. Khala tried to smile at me. Abbu started to read the newspaper. Mahi looked like she had seen a ghost. See, what I was talking about last night?

"Shubho shokal" I greeted them.

"Shubho shokal dear, come have some breakfast with us. Your father and I have some news for you."

Khala greeted me with a warm smile which I didn't return. Because thousands of possibilities were running in my mind. Could it be any marriage proposal? Or any of my relatives died? Or I had to visit the doctor? But I rejected the last two options because khala was smiling, so it couldn't be any bad news.

Mahi didn't even look at my eyes or should I say couldn't?

What's up with her?

I sat in the opposite side of her so that I could observe her move.

Abbu folded the newspaper as khala gave me a piece of toast, an apple cut into smaller pieces and a glass of orange juice. I thanked her and started devouring my breakfast as if I was starved for a week.

"Soha, have you planned anything for the vacation?" Abbu asked me after khala elbowed him which I think was meant to be unnoticed.

I just shrugged. I wasn't being rude. My mouth was full so I didn't have any other choices. I swallowed the food with a gulp of orange juice.

Before I could answer him, Mahi beat me to it.

"Other than the night school for the dropouts from school, nothing important. The night school is not opening until tomorrow. She has more than 30 hours of leisure."

I glared at her blabbering. "It doesn't count as leisure if I read stories in wattpad." I wanted to tell her.

"Great, you should visit your uncle. He really wants you to visit him." Abbu said with much happier tone.

"Which one?" I asked him and he looked confused.

"Which uncle are you talking about? You have five brothers. Though I can't go out of the country right now so that leaves two of them."

"The youngest one. Your uncle Atif."

I felt relief washed over me. He owned a well known tea garden, and lived in a much secluded area comparing to my other uncle. So, I didn't have to worry about the noise or my peace.

"You are coming with me, right? " I asked Mahi.

Khala smiled at us. "She always does. You guys are like two peas in a pod."

Mahi shook her head, " I would love to. But I can't go with you this time. I need to visit my grandmother or ammu is gonna have my head."

I felt quite disappointed that she couldn't tag along with me this time. I remembered that she was the one who always been excited whenever I went to visit uncle Atif. She loved the greens.

She could make her mom understand if she wanted to come with me. I wondered if it was only an excuse to not come with me.

A/n: Shubho shokal = Good morning.

Any thoughts? Who do you think was texting Mahi?

Is she hiding something?

Vote. Comment. Follow. ♥