Chapter Thirty two

Rahat's picture when he chats with Soha---->>

Dedicated to HazelEyedMuslimah  nagapriya
shaikayeshasiddiqua

Rahat's point of view:

"What about this one?" Alice sent me picture of blue monokini.

Apparently she had gone to shopping with her girl friends

Apparently she had gone to shopping with her girl friends. From the past hour, she had been sending me pictures of bikinis, monokinis, lingeries etc. I had ignored most of them. This chick was getting clingier day by day. I could understand if she wanted my opinion on official works. But I had no idea what my opinion had to do with her shopping or lunch.

Stop nagging me.

Sending the text to Alice, I logged in to Facebook. I refreshed the homepage with a hope to see one familiar notification from Soha. I had been doing this from last Saturday. It was Monday. Two days of silence. She didn't block me like last time but never texted me after that night.

My brain stopped working as I tried to figure out what exactly happened. I was hundred percent sure that my account was safe. It wasn't hacked or anything. She sent me some screen shots claiming that I called her those names.

I would never ever call her those names!

I stared at the convo we had two days ago.

Me: I don't know.

Her: What do you mean you don't know?

Me: I didn't send this.

Her: So, now you are saying that I'm a liar. And all those screen shots are also a lie?

Me: I've never said that. I just don't know how did it happen  or what to say.

Her: Have a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have a good day." The sentence struck me. If it was a day time here in Michigan, then it was night time in her country.

That night when I went to the club and met with Alice, it was daytime in her country. I remembered my cell phone buzzing against my jeans pocket. Checking the text notification from Soha, I kept it on the bar counter. I chugged down alcohol as if it was water. Then we danced and went to Alice's place.

Could it be Alice? Maybe she saw Soha's messages and texted her while I was asleep?

I have to find out. Who the heck dared to mess up my friendship with Soha!

Meet you at yours in twenty.

I typed the text to Alice as I took the office's emergency exit as a short cut way to the parking lot. Not that it would have been a  problem to explain the reason I was leaving at 11 in the morning. I just didn't feel like explaining the urgency.

"Ooh someone is being impatient! You will get it tonight baby."

I snorted reading her reply. But I never felt the need to correct her.

No, I need to talk to you. NOW!

      -------------------------------------

"So, you're saying you have a friend who is half of your age. And she's angry at you for calling her bitch and loser?" Alice asked for confirmation with an amused face.

I had no idea what was so amusing. I furiously thought about abducting Alice and never let go until she revealed why the fu*k  she did it.

"First of all, she's only eight or nine years younger than me. Secondly, I didn't call her any names. You did." I replied. "My question is why. Why did you do that?"

"Whoah! I did no such thing." She held her hands up.

"Don't lie! I was with you that night when it happened. You must have been snooping around my phone when she texted me." I clutched the border of the table trying to keep in the anger. "You thought why not fu*k up Rahat's life, didn't you?"

"Believe it or not, I have nothing to do with it. Why would I do it anyway?" Alice's eyes were sincere. "I know I'm not an innocent soul. But I'm telling the truth. I didn't do it." Her eyes were telling me the truth.

It was better when I had no clue. Now that I thought I was getting somewhere with this, meeting with Alice set me back to the same place where I started.

             ------------------------------

Her: You there?

SOHA TEXTED ME! I couldn't believe my own eyes. I had to refresh the homepage. It was still there. I wasn't being delusional or anything. "Isn't she angry with me anymore?"

Me: Yes!

I couldn't contain my excitement seeing her text.

Me: I got something today.

Her: What is it?

Me: That night I didn't text you. I didn't call you names. It was someone else.

Her: Who?

Me: I don't know that. . .yet.

Me: But I swear to God, I didn't text you. I didn't call you those names, Soha. I could never do that to you. 

Her: I know. I'm sorry for not believing you the first time. I'm such a terrible friend!

Me: Don't say that. It's me who should apologize.

Her: I should've let you explain. I shouldn't have overreacted.

Me: I should've replied your text without delay. I shouldn't have left the cellphone on the bar counter.

Her: How are you gonna find out the person who did it?

Me: I don't know. I asked Alice. But she knows nothing about it.

Her: Who's Alice?

Me: One of my colleagues. We went to the club that night. So, I thought she might know something.

Her: Ooh.

Me: Someone is getting jealous.

Her: I am not!

Me: I never said you were. :p

Her: Incase you haven't already noticed, there's no one except both of us.

Me: I know Miss. Smartypants.

Her: Okay, Mr. Sillypants.

Me: That's not a word. : D

Her:  It is from now on.

Me: Whatever you say, Nosh. :p

Her: Up uppity up up. . .

A few months ago, it irritated me when she reminded me of that sentence. But today it doesn't sound as bad before.

Me: I missed this. I missed you.

Her: I missed you too.

A/n: I know it's a short chapter. But I'll try to update tomorrow insha Allah.

I admit, it could be better. But it's really difficult to write after a month. I had to fight with myself. Special thanks goes to my Twinie. ♥ you.

I won't ask for vote or anything because I'm not totally satisfied with the chapter.

Thanks a lot for being patient and for being there for me. Love all of you.

Runt over. Now go home. :) : p