Chapter Ten

Shaheer sheikh as Rahat

Tell me what do you think?

Rahat's point of view:

"What are you laughing at?" I heard a sleepy voice and turned only to see shujaat rubbing his eyes, standing a few feet away from me. So I explained the reason and he came to sit beside me. I let him read the comments. There were some new comments. My cell phone rang, so I went to receive the phone call. When I got back to my room, shujaat was laughing so hard. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion so he pointed at the laptop.

I got closer to see what was so funny. It was a comment which had my best friend laughing.

Rabi ahuja - " you guys are bickering like a married couple. If not married couple, then you must have been in a relationship."

Seven people liked the comment.

The girl didn't reply to the comment. She was arguing with me about a silly thing. Then why couldn't she answer this Rabi guy. I replied the guy.

"It's not anything like what you are thinking. We don't even know each other."

The guy replied back.

"Sorry guys, the way you were fighting each other without any rude words or cursing, I thought you might be a couple or something."

I went through the comments once again. We really didn't say anything rude or curse each other. Some Facebookers often behave rudely or curse each other out when their opinions vary. I never liked this kind of people. I wondered if the girl was like me.

She never replied to the post. She must have logged out. Maybe she had to go to work or something.

"There's only one way to find out. You should check her profile out. Only then you will get the information you are seeking." Shujaat told me nonchalantly. But I knew better. That devil might be laughing in his mind.

Did I say that aloud? I was thinking. . . .

"Yes, you did. . .again."

Urgh!  . . . Here I was thinking this bloke is psychic or something.

I clicked on the name, Nowshin Abrar khan. The first thing I noticed was the profile picture. I chuckled which got Shujaat curious. The picture was of a cute little blonde girl, sitting on a grassy field all by herself and eating a piece of watermelon.

"I bet this Nowshin girl is 15 or 16 years old

"I bet this Nowshin girl is 15 or 16 years old." Shujaat smiled while expressing his thought.
"No doubt about that. Let's see if we're correct or not." I said, scrolling down to see the birth date. 17th October, 1998. It was close enough to what we suspected. We looked at each other knowingly. Shujaat gave me a nod as if he was telling me to go on with our inquiry, so I continued.

She studies at CML school and college. And lives in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Bangladesh?

I thought she might be an Indian or pakistani. But she was from a country that I had very little knowledge about.

What the heck! Why am I thinking which country she belongs to? Why does it matter anyway? What was she even doing in an Indian page in the first place?

"You don't own the page, you know, nor do you have a say in what page she could like or comment. Let's see what the bio tells us about her." He told me, moving the laptop holder towards him. I remain seated where I was. I let him read the bio for both of us.

"If you're looking for any information about me, then I'm sorry(not really) to disappoint you because I don't have anything interesting to say. You'll be bored to death if you want to befriend me.

Ps:  You have been warned."

My best friend plus roommate finished reading the bio.

"She's quite interesting, right? You should send a friend request. I can tell she's different than other girls." He gave back the laptop to me.

I scoffed at his opinion. "How do you know she's interesting? She is not and she made it clear herself. And how do you know she's different?" I told him.

"If anyone is an interesting person, he or she doesn't like to announce it to public, 'Hey I'm an interesting person'. You can feel that he or she is an interesting person. And to answer your second question, you saw her comments. You were being judgemental but she didn't say anything rude rather she's very much mature than her age." He told me with a serious expression.

I couldn't help but laugh when I realized one thing. We were talking about the girl as if I was gonna go in a serious relationship with her. I voiced my thought out and we laughed a bit more.

"You have two hundred and thirty friend requests pending. How many profiles you have checked out this week or this month?" Shujaat asked me smirking. That little sh*t knew that I checked none. So I just shrugged. "But you've just checked her profile out after ten minutes of bantering with her." There was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"How do you know that it's even a girl's account? It could be any boy pretending to be a girl." I asked him.

"And why would it matters if it's a boy or girl? It's not like you're going to have a relationship with her. She's much younger than you." I punched him on the arm.

"Sorry, sorry. But really, you are interested in her personality. Not in her gender, right? A friend is a friend. It doesn't matter what gender they are." He got a valid point. I groaned rubbing my temple. I was sitting quite sometime in front of the laptop screen and it started to get to me.
"Dude, your lecture about gender isn't helping me in this case. But whatever, I'll send her a friend request." I clicked on the 'Friend request' option.

I'll unfriend her if she turned out boring or irritating.

I looked at shujaat to make sure I didn't say it out loud like before.

It was 10 at night so I logged out from Facebook. I went to sleep but couldn't sleep peacefully. I tossed and turned most of the night thinking about the outcome of my friend request. Will she accept my friend request? What if she doesn't? What bothered me the most was my own thoughts. Why was I even thinking like it would matter if she doesn't accept my request?

I blamed it on tiredness and tried to sleep by counting sheeps.