Chapter Forty five

This chapter is dedicated to
TheAdorableKid _itsmeSadi_

Rahat's point of view :

Soha's grandma kept observing me with scrutinising eyes ever since we met. She was judging my every move from her seat at the head of the table. I thought everyone was enjoying their meal except me. But when I looked at Soha, I found her somewhat disturbed. She gave me an apologetic look as soon as our eyes met. I just smiled in return.

"So, are you single?" Grandma asked without a bit of hesitation. We'd already been through the basic questions like what I did for living and such. Everyone looked at me, expecting an answer. Soha seemed pretty annoyed at this point.

"Stop asking him personal questions!" She demanded with a stern expression. "You're making him uncomfortable."

"It's alright." I assured her, smiling briefly.

Before we came here, Soha told me that her family tends to get nosy if they liked someone.

Does that mean that they like me?

"I heard you're staying at our hotel." Mr. Haider said as he put the spoon down. "Hope you're not facing any problems there."

I didn't know that Mr. Haider owned the hotel. Soha never told me. Maybe she didn't want to show off or something.

"No, sir. It's a great place to stay at." And it really was.

"Soha should have said this earlier, but now I'm saying it instead of her." Mrs. Haider spoke for the first time in a while. "Why don't you stay with us for the rest of the days?"

I was quite surprised when she asked me to stay with them. It was very generous of her to say that. But I feared that I might intrude into their house. 

"Thank you so much, ma'am. But I don't want to impose on you all." 

" Trust me, you're not. Besides, it'll be less hassle for Soha if you stay with us."  Mrs. Haider got me there. Now that I thought about it, It was more than an hour drive from the hotel to their home.

"How about this, since you're not comfortable sharing the house, you can stay at the guest house."  Soha's grandma spoke this time. These people were trying to look after me. I couldn't say no to them.

"Thank you so much!" 

"Great! We'll get someone to fetch your belongings from the hotel, so don't worry about that."   Mrs. Haider gave me a delightful smile.

****************************

After lunch, the elders excused themselves as they had things to do and businesses to run. Mihad took me to the game room while the girls went to their respective rooms.

The game room was huge. It looked like a perfect den for a teenager. There was a pool table on the left, and a home theater with playstation was set up on the right. A round coffee table was placed on the middle of the room with beanbag chairs scattered around it.

"Do you have Destiny 2?" I asked Mihad as I skimmed through the Dvds.

"Yep, I bought it from amazon a few months ago. But you know what, Call of duty will always be my first love." He let out a chuckle, making me smile too.

"Let's play COD:WWII?" He gave me one controller while selecting multi player mode.

I had no idea how much time we spent playing the game. The girls came into the room.