Chapter Twenty Nine

Soha's pov:

I didn't know what to make out of his texts at first. I felt astonished even though it wasn't first time someone ditching and calling me names. It wasn't anything unfamiliar to me.

People called me names since my first and last boyfriend had cheated on me all those years ago. I had become a loser to my friends as soon as they got the news. They weren't comfortable hanging around with a loser. So, they got up and left my side. They even talked behind my back, called me names.

               Flashback

"Why wouldn't Nishan cheat on her? Does she even see herself on the mirror?"

One of my so called friends whispered to the other while we were at the cafeteria. I was sitting behind them with my head lowered not wanting  to attract attention. It had been two days of Nishan's confession and the news traveled faster than wind. Nishan and I were the 'it' couple back in school. So, it was a shocking news to all.

"I know, I pretend to be her friend only because she pays for my lunch and lends me money whenever I ask. I don't ever return them. He heh. . ."

"What! You take money from her?  Gosh! I should've done that."

"Yeah, remember last year I was absent from school for a week?"

He asked the other one. I remembered that he was absent because he had an accident and needed fifteen thousands taka. I didn't have that much at that time. So, I gave him my gold chain that I was wearing.

"I lied. I wanted to buy a new cell phone. So, I pretended to be injured."

"Oh my god! She's not only a loser but also a fool!"

"I know right. She's so ugly. I wonder how does Mahzabin tolerate this ugly face."

"Mahzabin must be after this sl*t's money too. That's why she acts so loyal to her.

      *****  Flashback over ****

People, mostly my 'buddies' called me names even when I was shattered after ammu's death. They called me an attention seeker only because I became depressed and needed counseling   after the traumatizing incident that occurred before my eyes.

So, I was used to the name calling and all. Then why Rahat was any different? Why his words hurt me the most? I had no idea.

Mahi was fuming in anger when I got to her place. She must have  seen the texts. Her face showed regret and anger.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have pushed you to befriend him." She said.

"No, it's not. I thought at last I got a new friend who doesn't think so bad of me. But.  . . "

"The irony is I asked you not to be judgemental about him. And see, he has become one." We both looked at each other and smiled sadly.

I took the cell phone out of my purse and logged in to Facebook. Clicking on his profile, I looked at his profile picture for one last time. Then I scrolled down and blocked him.

Rahat's pov:

I had stopped getting any texts from last night.

She must be really mad at me now for not replying sooner.

Nobody would believe if I told them that I was busy. I could've texted her last night. But I didn't want to drunk text her like last time and embarrass myself.

Then I got my hands full with Alice and kept the thought aside for the night. In the morning, I drove home first and then to the office. The moment I swiped the id card into the slot, Rebecca, the receptionist informed me that boss asked for me.

Since then, I was in his cabin discussing the pro and cons with three other colleagues. He hinted that there was some sort of surprise waiting for me. I didn't have any idea what it was nor did I wanted to know.

I logged in to Facebook as soon as I got back to my cabin. The last message Soha sent me was the one asking where was I. I didn't replied this one. So, I started typing a text.

Wait a minute! Why is it showing her name in black and not blue?

I tried to click on her name. But it didn't work.

What the heck? Why is it not working? Did she deactivate her account or something?

I tried to search her username. But no!

What if she has blocked me?

But why would she? I didn't offend her in any way other than being late to reply the texts.

I tried to think of anything that I said which could seem offensive to her or hurt her. But I failed to remember anything.

____________________________________________

I waited for Shujaat to come up with something that might be offensive to any girl as he was reading our convo. I wouldn't have shown our convo to him or anyone else. But this was a case of emergency.

I wasn't very good with things that one may find sensitive.

I must have said something that was normal to me but offensive to her. That's why she's blocked me.

If it was any other girl blocking me, I wouldn't have care at all. But this case was different. She was my friend. . . a real friend. At least, I thought she was.

"Your convo seems normal to me.  Looks like both of you had good times in those convos." Shujaat said returning the cell phone.

"I almost started to believe that she was different than other girls. I thought she thinks of me as a true friend as well." I glared at the cellphone trying to vent the anger and despair I was feeling.

"I don't know. It doesn't seem like her. I think there's something wrong." He tried to come up with a reason.

"Nothing is wrong other than her being a teenager and not knowing how to value a friendship." I frowned.

"Do you really think that's the case?" He asked.

"I don't know." I felt uncertain.
I had no idea why did she block me out of the blue. Being late in replying couldn't be a reason for that.

Why did you do that Soha?

A/n: Taka= Bangladeshi currency.

Ammu = mom

1097 words. It's short, I know. I'm sorry for being late and for the shitty chapter. I'm really busy this week. I just wanted to give you guys something to read.

Tell me how it is.

Do you think Rahat will find a way to get connected with Soha anytime soon?

Vote. Comment. Love you guys.