chapter 1

Soha's pov:

As soon as I parked my car in front of the porch, shafiq, one of the helper in our house came towards me. It felt weird to call them servant because we never treated them like one. We were taught to call them brother or sister if they were older than us.

"Good evening ma'am." I expected him to park the car in the garage as he took the keys from me. But when he remained still I knew he had something to say. I tried to give him an encouraging smile.

"Mahzabin apu is waiting for you." They all called her sister when they called me ma'am. Sometimes I felt jealous because Mahzabin had the quality to get close to anyone. Hell! Even my family was closer to her than I was.

"Thanks shafiq."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soha! I'm not gonna come to your house ever again if you don't entertain me somehow!"
Mahzabin, my best friend whined as soon as I entered the bedroom.

Our vacation started last week. And she came here everyday whining about how she had nothing to do or how I was boring for staying in and reading books all day long. I didn't pay attention to her constant nagging. But after a week, it got me bored.

"Oh girl please! I'm also bored to death, go read something on wattpad or do whatever!"

She thought of me as a joker or something? Entertain me! I mocked her mentally. As if I didn't have anything better to do.

Mahzabin faked a hurt face and said, "You don't deserve to be my best friend, soha"

Here it comes....

"Is that so?"

She calls me a drama queen when it is clear that she is the one.

"Yes, we're friends for almost thirteen years and you don't know that I don't like to read. Actually I despise reading from the core of my heart". She said making a weird face that could be considered as a constipated face.

See what I was talking about?

Sometimes I wanted to keep her on a house arrest with nothing but a room full of books. How could she not like reading?

I rolled my eyes at her. "Then what do you want to do? Even I don't want to spend my vacation like this." I admitted the truth.

"Yay! But promise me first that you won't back out after listening to my plan."

Oh! So this was the reason behind the drama. She had a plan all along.

"Mahi, get to the point, will you?" I asked her being alerted.

"Okay I wanna start by saying that what we're about to do now, will be lots of fun."

Run! My subconscious mind told me.

"And now I'm outta here."

I tried to make a run because to Mahi "fun" was her way of telling me, "It means trouble".

But she grabbed my right hand and made me sit on the bed.

"Soha, hear me out please. When I say it would be fun, that doesn't always mean that it would be trouble."

Tell that to someone who doesn't know you.

I tried to stay strong but who could compete with her puppy dog eyes! She always used those eyes to get whatever she wanted. None could stay strong in case of those puppy dog eyes. I couldn't too. Urgh!

"Now are you going to tell me before I think it's useless again?"

"Here's what we're gonna do . . ."

She paused for dramatic effect.
I rolled my eyes again. If I stayed with her ten more minutes, my eyes were gonna come out of their sockets from all the rolling they had to do today.

"Don't test my patience, Mahi!" I said quite harshly.

"We're about to open a fake account on Facebook".

First published - 23rd June, 2016
Edited - 23rd March, 2017