Chapter 84: Left (the original title is too long)

Note:
This chapter contains vulgar language and slight gore, be prepared!

In the last chapter (Chapter 83, Which way to go) You could choose whether to turn one way back to the door or another way. If you didn't choose just yet then go back to chapter 83 and choose.

If you did pick your decision then consider all of the above not written and go on with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Left, right, left, left, right, straightforward, left, right, straightforward, right, right, left, left.

That's it!

That is exactly the way you remembered!

~~

You just kept following Jeff through all these corridors; it was like a maze to you. He constantly came to more corridors, and then he took a turn. How he even knew this all from his head was a mystery, but you were certain that this would be the end of a person if they get lost in here. You tried your best to keep track, just in case something would happen.

Left, right, left, left, right, straightforward, left, right, straightforward, right, right, left, left.

~~

Yes... you had walked with Jeff... And with Hoodie. Followed them both through this dark, cold and appalling maze. Almost clinging to the two men, afraid that every wrong step would end up with the sweet kiss of death from a killer.

God had not forsaken you yet and the feeling of power entered your veins. Your wide eyes relaxed a little bit more as you took a deep breath, calming all your nerves.

You needed utter concentration right now.

This maze was extremely dangerous, and you knew one wrong move could end in your endless torture or death.

You turned your body towards the open room, trying to remember if the door had been on your left or right side when you came here... Sniffing loudly your memory recalled the horrendous experience and thus showing you, the door had been on your left.

So...

You needed to go left now.

Rubbing your broken hand, you now noticed how cold your limbs were. Your body was completely unbalanced, feeling warm and cold at the same time. Your muscles were sore yet trained and your bones felt like they could snap any minute.

Lingering here any longer wouldn't be good for your body either. If you wouldn't die from any of those monsters you'd die from the intensifying cold.

Gathering your power, energy and determination you started walking. The darkness slowly ebbed away, gathering behind you quickly as you came to the first split. Your mind recalled the way over and over again, like a broken tune unable to quit.

Left.

Your ears peaked in interest at every sound which was heard. The dripping of water, the squeaking of a mouse... The sound of feet slowly tapping on the cold, concrete floor...

That time E.J. had chased you rung through your thoughts and you couldn't help but to count your own footsteps very carefully. You were damaged beyond repair and every sound you couldn't place would be considered as hazardous.

Right.

You licked your upper lip, heart beating in your head as your eyes scanned every stone, every stain and every so-called wraith of the mind. You couldn't get distracted right now. You needed to remind yourself of the way, remind yourself that once you're out here you're in a powerful negotiating position.